Job Positions Available at UTS

Talk about local news, politics, UGA, football, whatever
wrymuse
n00b

Job Positions Available at UTS

Post by wrymuse » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:20 pm

If anyone is looking for a great part-time (or full-time) job, there is a new company opened in Athens call University Transcription Services. It's located on Prince Ave, in the Bottleworks, near the Grit. It's a transcription company, so the job duty is basically to listen to voicemails and type them out.

Pros-
1. Flexible Scheduling- One sets their own schedule. The company is open 8am - 6pm Mon-Fri and one can work at any time during this. They are looking for individuals who will do at least 16 hours per week.
2. Production Based Paid- There is a chance to make up to $15.15, but the average amount people make it about $9 or $10. The lowest possible is $6.
3. Tax Free Pay- You'd be considered an independent contractor so taxes aren't taken out, but you are responsible for paying taxes at the end of the year.
4. Casual Atmosphere- There is no dress code, and once can even take their shoes off! (Just wash them first ;))
5. Great Bosses- The shift lead, Alex, and the owner, Doug, are both great guys. Alex will be the one handling the office, but Doug pops in and out on occasion. The make a point to form relationships with us workers and are super nice and helpful.

Cons-
1. Tax Free Pay- You'd be considered an independent contractor so taxes aren't taken out, but you are responsible for paying taxes at the end of the year.
2. No Cell Phones- Because we work with private financial information, we're under an NDA, and thus no cell phones are allowed on while in the building. Also, there is no writing utensils at the workstations. Basically, no doing anything where information heard from jobs can be given to someone outside of the company, or transported outside of the company. This is one hard rule that will end in termination if ignored.
3. Time Working- The time one spends logged into the system is what is calculated as work time. So if you're not logged in, it doesn't count towards pay or time spent working. If one schedules themselves for 5 hours, they have to /work/ for 5 hours, not just be there.

So if this is something you're interested in, just e-mail athjobs (at) uigfla (dot) com and let them know I, Cree Boyechko, referred you. You'll have to take a typing test twice. Once when Doug sends you the excel form to fill out (name, address, available schedule, etc.) from typingtest.com and another at the training session.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know.

TJ
Chapter Master

Post by TJ » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:44 pm

what kind of weekly hours are you looking for?
Khorne 14/0/0 (retired?)-----Nurgle 1/0/0
black legion 0/0/0

gobos 6/4/0 ------------- dwarves 2/1/0
wood elves 8/5/1-------- vamps 1/0/0

ImageImage

wrymuse
n00b

Post by wrymuse » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:12 am

TJ wrote:what kind of weekly hours are you looking for?
Anything between 8am-6pm Mon-Fri, as long as it's about 16 hours per week.

wrymuse
n00b

Post by wrymuse » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:13 pm

I just wanted to update you guys. This is my first week on production pay and I'm making $7 an hour and steadily getting faster. :) Also they've extended their hours (the first of several extensions) to 8pm now.

wrymuse
n00b

Post by wrymuse » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:15 am

Another update for you guys. The hours are now 8am to midnight Mon-Fri. There is also incentives for those who work 28+ hours a week and those who work hours 8pm and later.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. It's a pretty good job, I've been there since September and I'm still loving it. I make around $12 an hour.

wrymuse
n00b

Post by wrymuse » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:41 am

And yet another update. Hours are 8am to midnight Monday-Friday and then 10am to 2pm on Saturday and Sunday.

There are also additional incentives for those who work 25 hours a week, you get an additional $5 an hour on top of the normal amount.

Jobs are still available, feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

tyson
Veteran

Post by tyson » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:26 pm

Would UTS be cool if I worked when I could? My job is seasonal and has a heavy workload when we're in session but then there are weeks when we do nothing. So could I work just a few days a week when we're in session and then full-time when we're not?
"Sorry, this is the only extra chopstick I carry."

wrymuse
n00b

Post by wrymuse » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:59 pm

tyson wrote:Would UTS be cool if I worked when I could? My job is seasonal and has a heavy workload when we're in session but then there are weeks when we do nothing. So could I work just a few days a week when we're in session and then full-time when we're not?
I'm not entirely sure. I know they like for people to work at least 16 hours a week. Those 16 hours can be on any day at any time you want, as long as they get in. You set your own schedule and you can change it whenever you want. So if you think you can make the 16 hours a week when your company is in session, I don't see a problem. If you can't do the 16 hours a week during that period, you'll have to email UTS and ask them if they'd be willing to work with you.