Old/new gamer

Other Pen and Paper RPGs
Yunuswesley
n00b

Old/new gamer

Post by Yunuswesley » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:08 pm

Hello all

I've been living in Athens for a couple of years now (graduate school) and I want to start doing role-playing games again. I used to primarily GM but it's been so many years that I'd like to be a player again.

GURPS (4e) is my favorite system, and the only one I currently have books for other than PDF demos. I'm also familiar with old (pre-2003) Storyteller, Call of Cthulhu, Palladium games, Ars Magica, Pendragon, various Traveller, West End Star Wars, AD&D 2e, several systems of my own devising, and others I've probably forgotten in the 10 years since I played last. I've looked over d20 of various stripes but haven't played it. Not really willing to spend money on gaming books but I pick up rules quickly, used to play with game design with friends as well.

Genres I like and am most interested in gaming in include supers, space opera, hard science fiction, Lovecraftian horror, pulp. If someone were running a pulp action/investigation, low-powered supers game with horror elements, well, dang :>

If anyone's looking to start a new game, bring on a new player, or just meet up and talk, do drop me a line.

Yunus Wesley

Cripple X
Chapter Master

Post by Cripple X » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:05 am

You may have luck with the UGA Gamers Association. They're always running games and I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem getting a game that way. I'm not sure how to tell you how to contact them, when I was a member several years ago they were a bit of a haphazard bunch, but the games were excellent.

Yunuswesley
n00b

Post by Yunuswesley » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:41 pm

Thanks, I'll check them out.