Mutants and Masterminds game looking for place to play

Other Pen and Paper RPGs
Gden
n00b

Mutants and Masterminds game looking for place to play

Post by Gden » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:03 pm

We want to do it on Thursdays, and we were hoping maybe we could join in with the Gamers' association. We might also be looking for players I don't know I'll have to ask the GM.
I like Cereal

Steve
Primarch

Post by Steve » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:01 pm

They play AT-43 at Classic City Comics and Games on Thursdays but I believe they usually have a table open, you should talk to Jon about it.

Gden
n00b

Post by Gden » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:56 pm

what is his user name?
I like Cereal

Steve
Primarch

Post by Steve » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:18 pm

CCCG

JeremyS
Scout

Re: Mutants and Masterminds game looking for place to play

Post by JeremyS » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:24 pm

Gden wrote:We want to do it on Thursdays, and we were hoping maybe we could join in with the Gamers' association. We might also be looking for players I don't know I'll have to ask the GM.
I see no reason we (the UGA Gamers' Association) can't try to get a second room on Thursday. That may exceed our reservation limit, but it may not as we already have a single room reserved at 7 PM... a second room at the same time may still count as one meeting.

Besides, two supers game going on at once is double the awesome.

Gden
n00b

Post by Gden » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:37 pm

so are the meetings at the tate center still or are they at the classic city place?
I like Cereal

tantric
n00b

Post by tantric » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:54 pm

Are you still accepting new players?

JeremyS
Scout

Post by JeremyS » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:21 pm

...and sadly, as of this Thursday, I can't recommend Tate anymore.

For many, many years the Tate staff has given us our 7PM to midnight time slot. Lately, they've imposed a limit of four hours per group per week, but haven't enforced it.

Last week, they ran us out at 9 PM. We finished our game in the back area, but next week will be using a member's apartment.

Tate itself can still be used to game, though (until it closes in a couple weeks). The back room has a couple of tables that are free to use. But now that our time has been cut, using our reserved rooms is pointless.

Gden
n00b

Post by Gden » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:46 am

absolutely far as I know we have 2 confirmed players with 2 or 3 possibles, so we have room for about 2 more players. oh, and for now plan to meet at Tate, we'll see what happens at 9 and if they kick us out. Here's hoping not. Btw, the dm should be there at 6 but my friend and I who both have copies of the 2nd ed. book (and he has a copy of the ultimate powers book too) will probably get there about 4 or 5 so we can start creating characters officially. Bring change to make copies of the character sheet pages, and an idea of what you want your hero to do (the idea apparently is the gm wants to do a game based in athens where some strange phenomena causes us to gain super powers, so think of what you in real life would have for super powers if you were to get some). Oh yes and it starts this thursday (hopefully). Btw, what brought on the new fascist approach to us? Tate used to openly welcome us. Okay possible new idea too, the SLC any idea what time it closes? Because this won't be a very large game, so we could probably do it in a study room.
I like Cereal

JeremyS
Scout

Post by JeremyS » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:36 pm

Gden wrote:oh, and for now plan to meet at Tate, we'll see what happens at 9 and if they kick us out. Here's hoping not.
If you want to use an upstairs table, or one of the tables in the back area, they won't kick you out. It is just the reserved rooms that are in question.

Gden wrote:Btw, what brought on the new fascist approach to us? Tate used to openly welcome us.
Well, I wouldn't call it fascist as there is a legitimate reason for the time limit. I merely question why they're suddenly applying this rule after many years (we've been doing this since AT LEAST 1998), when the reason the rule exists (to ensure that the rooms are available for all groups) is not a factor (there are few to no other meetings during the time period in question).

Gden
n00b

Post by Gden » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:29 pm

okay, after reading the hours for the SLC, it seems like a good place, but for this week let's meet in Tate since its easiest to get to. Again, meet at 4-5 pm for character creation and don't forget money to copy the character sheet page.
I like Cereal

Steve
Primarch

Post by Steve » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:07 am

I'm glad you found a place to play :-)

If you can get your group members to sign up for the message board I will create you your own forum down in the campaigns section, so that you can post updates and weekly start of the game messages for them.

Gden
n00b

Post by Gden » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:21 am

well I told the gm to get a membership here, and put up a message guess he never did
I like Cereal

Gden
n00b

Post by Gden » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:16 am

oh yeah, if you want to join the game pm me, or send me a message over aim I think my name is on here if not its Tohruayamekyo
I like Cereal

Gden
n00b

Post by Gden » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:29 am

Btw, for those who don't want to pm me or can't just come to tye che's at 5 p.m. on thursday and we'll decide where to play there. ITs probably going to be the tate center though
I like Cereal