Pulp Horror campaign

Other Pen and Paper RPGs
Yunuswesley
n00b

Pulp Horror campaign

Post by Yunuswesley » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:28 am

PULP ACTION HORROR!
With uncanny powers!

As announced in the uga gamers forum, I'm looking for 1-4 more players for a short pulp horror campaign. I've already posted a bit in there (take a look), so I won't bang on about it in this forum too.

Beginning 1921, characters will go through a short "origins" story as talented college-age people. We'll then flash forward a few years and ramp up the power level on the characters before we go after the psychic femmes fatales, creepy alien cultists, and shadow-supers gone bad lurking around Paris, London, Samarkand, and beyond.

For the "high concept" and aesthetic of the setting, think City of Lost Children and Dark Knight meets H.P. Lovecraft and Stargate.

The system will be GURPS. If you've never played, don't stress; it's a very simple game but with a whole slew of options that any GM will narrow down for his own setting.

Go here and here for free, downloadable copies of the GURPS Lite rules and the players' aid combat cards, a great summary of the tactical options in action scenes.

We're planning to start play Saturday, April 19, from 3 to 6 or 7 at Hot Corner Coffee downtown. There are great booths there for up to 6 people.

UGA gamers are supposed to have a meeting tonight; I'll happily meet up with anyone else who is interested. Weekday afternoons or early evenings work well for me; just PM me here.

I'll be happy to see any other interested parties, and I apologize for the cross-posting; this will be the extent of it.[/url]