Anybody Interested in a Savage Worlds game?

Other Pen and Paper RPGs

Which type of setting would most interest you?

Dark Fantasy
33%
Pulp Action
No votes
Gritty Sci-Fi
No votes
Pulp Sci-Fi
67%

Total votes: 3

Cripple X
Chapter Master

Anybody Interested in a Savage Worlds game?

Post by Cripple X » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:44 pm

Hey Guys,

I've been very tempted lately to try my hand at GMing a Tabletop RPG. I'd really like to use the Savage Worlds system. I created this thread to gauge player interest in such a game. I'm more than willing to let the players decide which campaign they'd like to try. Hence, the poll.

If you are unfamiliar with the rules of Savage Worlds that is totally fine. I'll provide you guys with everything you'll need to play the game. If anybody is interested post here and if we get enough interest we'll figure everything out.
Last edited by Cripple X on Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ragnor
Scout

Post by Ragnor » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:16 pm

I might be interested in trying it. An old GM of mine said Savage Worlds was a great system, and he wanted to try it before he left for the AF. If there was enough interest, I'd be game. :)

Cripple X
Chapter Master

Post by Cripple X » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:19 pm

Ragnor wrote:I might be interested in trying it. An old GM of mine said Savage Worlds was a great system, and he wanted to try it before he left for the AF. If there was enough interest, I'd be game. :)
Great! Maybe we'll get some more interest.
Last edited by Cripple X on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cripple X
Chapter Master

Post by Cripple X » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:09 pm

I editied the original post to include a poll so that people could vote on the type of setting they'd most like to play.

Cripple X
Chapter Master

Post by Cripple X » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:35 pm

Bump.

I'm looking to try and put something together probably for Thursday Nights. Anybody interested?

magicalme
Scout

maby

Post by magicalme » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:38 pm

if my calculus abilities can take another distraction ill happily play.

Cripple X
Chapter Master

Post by Cripple X » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:01 pm

I see you voted in the poll.

There is a pulpy sci-fi Savage Worlds setting coming out sometime soon called Slipstream. I'm not sure if they've got an exact release date locked down yet, hopefully it won't be delayed again. I do have it on preorder at Tyche's, but like I said I'm not sure how much longer it'll be until the setting is released. The setting has a very Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon feel.

Sundered Skies is another setting that might be a ton of fun to play. Its absolutely amazing! Here's a link. It's currently out and I've got everything we need to get started. I ran a demo game with this setting about a month ago.

There's another setting Necropolis 2350. However, it isn't going to be released until October 20th, 2008. I've also got it pre-ordered at Tyche's. It's more of a gritty dark sci-fi feel.

Let me know if you like those ideas or have one of your own.

magicalme
Scout

Post by magicalme » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:55 pm

im not sure if ill like a setting where there isn't much solid ground, but who knows? it may be lots of fun, ill definitely play a couple games. in whatever setting.

Cripple X
Chapter Master

Post by Cripple X » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:13 am

That's cool, if you're intrerested we can discuss ideas (probably sunday?) and see if we can find more folks.

Cripple X
Chapter Master

Post by Cripple X » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:51 am

Bump.

It looks like we're going to be playing Deadlands: Reloaded. We've got a few interested folks, but we could definitely use one or two more people. Reply here or send a message if you're interested.