Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Other Pen and Paper RPGs
Abaddon
Site Admin

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by Abaddon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:47 pm

I will be starting a warhammer fantasy roleplay game pretty soon. I plan on it being a bi-weekly game hosted at my house. I plan on being the DM so I need some adventures looking for some hack and slash action with a sprinkling of roleplaying!

There are a few reasons I want to do WFRP. First, it is the spiritual successor to my favorite dungeon delver, Warhammer Quest. Also I REALLY love the background and lore of the Warhammer Fantasy setting, and am pretty familiar with it as I have a pretty good selection of books in my own Black Library.

I actually haven't bought the rulebook yet (plan on doing that today) but I plan on picking it up and getting familiar with the mechanics ect. So what I wanted to do is round up some adventures and see what interest there is in playing.
I will be hosting the game in my new gaming room in my basement (which I am very excited about!). I'v got a good selection of warhammer minis that I will be using along with some Dwarven Forge pieces, warhammer fantasy terrain, ect. I am a big fan of using terrain , minis, music ect. and having a good time doing some hack and slash dungeons! So if you are interested, reply on this post!

Note: I already have at least two people signed up, and I think I will be limiting the game to 5 PCs, so that means three more people FYI.
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

Steve
Primarch

Post by Steve » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:56 pm

I'd love to give it a try. It really depends on the day.

Posted from iPhone

Bankshot
Scout

Post by Bankshot » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:42 pm

Mondays would be great.
Zymurgy Goblin Shaman. Healer Extraordinaire.

HurricaneGirl
Veteran

Post by HurricaneGirl » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Yum yum Deathhammer!! (warhammer quest) count me in! :)

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:39 am

I got the book. It has a really cool career system and I like the combat system because it is pretty simple. Combat can be VERY deadly so it may so diplomacy/alternative means of resolving combats is important to keep in mind.

I'm gonna keep peering into it this weekend and I'll keep you guys updated.
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

kabniel
Assault Marine

Post by kabniel » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:19 am

i'd love to give that game a try. don't think i'd be reliable enough to play an RPG these days.