WFRP Campaign

Other Pen and Paper RPGs
Abaddon
Site Admin

WFRP Campaign

Post by Abaddon » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:45 pm

I decided to move this to the forum. Repeated for completeness:

So am getting all of the minis and material I need together for this campaign. I have decided i will start with a premade campaign and after that go from there to see if I stick with premade or make my own up.

SO, assuming you guys are still interested in playing, I wanted to see what day of the week would be best fro you guys to play on. I was looking to play a game every other week for three hours or so if its a weeknight and maybe 4-5 if its on a weekend. I'd like to get together for an initial game where we can learn the rules, generate characters, and do a short intro to the campaign (which involves some fighting and maybe some detective work!).

Character generation will work a little differently than DnD ect. Instead of picking a start career you will be assigned one. You can always switch to another career later (the way careers work this is not hard). I believe this will give your PC more character as your human that starts out as a peasant becomes a soldier or your dwarf craftsmen becomes shamed and becomes a slayer! Even these humble backgrounds give your character some useful skills and you will find you can't fight your way out of every encounter.

Combat is WFR is deadly. A goblin with a stick can kill the greatest hero in the land (its not likely but possible). Not only that, but your PCs aren't meant to be necessarily great heros, just some characters trying to scrape by in the cruel world of warhammer. Of course it wouldn't be very fun if someone is rolling up a new character after every encounter and as DM I will try to prevent that. However just be aware what setting you are in and that in the land of Warhammer Fantasy, life is cheap!

Anyway I welcome any questions and comments and like I said I need input on what type of schedule you guys want to do. One more thing- if you have played this game before, let me know if you have already done the Paths of the Damned Campaign, which is the GW premade campaign I plan on doing.

Thanks!

I guess at this point we need to discuss what day of the week we are going to play. I'v had 3/5 people tell me Sunday late afternoon is good. So I want to open it up for discussion on here so that everyone is involved and not just replying back to me.
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

kabniel
Assault Marine

Post by kabniel » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:14 pm

heh. the beauty of reply vs reply-all.

I'm fine with Sunday. Again, my weekly schedule can be chaotic at times. As a result, I may miss a session or two if it continues. If people are fine with that, then I could be considered in for the long haul.

Pretty excited about getting a chance to try this game out.

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:37 am

Yo. So my brother is telling me he has to work Sunday night so I am thinking maybe Sunday at 11am or noon or so? Maybe plan on getting done at 4? How does this sound. by the way, I just got in some custom terrain I ordered just for the campaign and I also have the campaign book. So as soon as we decide a schedule we can plan a first meeting.
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

kabniel
Assault Marine

Post by kabniel » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:51 am

11-4 works for me
This is the 2nd edition, correct?

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:48 am

Yes thats correct.
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:03 pm

You guys want to shoot for having first session this Sunday at 11?
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

Bankshot
Scout

Post by Bankshot » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:59 am

Sunday at 11 sounds good to me.
Zymurgy Goblin Shaman. Healer Extraordinaire.

kabniel
Assault Marine

Post by kabniel » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:46 pm

sure thing

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:49 am

It's on baby! Sunday at 11!!!!!!
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

kabniel
Assault Marine

Post by kabniel » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:40 am

I've had a bit of a family emergency come up. It looks like I will not be able to show up Sunday.

keep me posted about further meets. I have a basic weekend schedule planned out until about October. (not because i'm OCD. because i'm in a band and i gotta plan my life more than i'd like) So I can let you know what days are good/bad for me.

kabniel
Assault Marine

Post by kabniel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:11 pm