The Evolved

Other Pen and Paper RPGs
Cripple X
Chapter Master

The Evolved

Post by Cripple X » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:21 am

A friend of mine is starting a game using the HERO system called "The Evolved". It's set in the modern day, and it'll be a low-powered supers-esque game. It'll be something like X-men or that TV show Heroes.

Character Creation for the campaign works like this: You'll create an everyday run-of-the-mill person, anything you want. You could be a famous scientist, a lowly janitor, a ballerina, or whatever else you can think of. After you're done with your character, you roll on a table the GM has created to determine your special ability. When the campaign starts, your character doesn't know that they have any abilities and you as the player don't know what powers the character has until after you've come up with who they are and what they do etc. I think it has the potential to be pretty interesting.

So far we've got two, possibly three players. I'm playing a cab driver, and another player is playing an air traffic controller.

As of right now we're leaning toward playing on every other Monday evening.

If you are interested, let me know. Either post here or PM and I'll put you in contact w/ the GM. It's totally fine if you've never played HERO system before, its not hard to pick up. Take care.