AT-43 Game Info and Cool Links

Forum for AT-43 Gaming.
CleverName
Veteran

Post by CleverName » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:02 pm

I too think things went pretty well. I was concerned about unit coherency based upon the weirdness that occurred. I re-read the rules:
A unit must always stay grouped together. It is said to maintain
its cohesion. To make this possible, two conditions must be respected after the unit has been played:

? All the members of the unit must remain within 10 cm (range 1) of the leader;

? Each member of the unit must stand no more than 2.5 cm away from another.
According to my research on the forum the way we played it was essentially correct. That is, a unit out of cohesion due to taking losses suffers no penalties, to moving, morale, etc.

The only onus upon it is that the unit will need to be back in cohesion at the end of its next movement. But it can remain out of cohesion until its activation.

Overwatch: Here's a couple of things to remember

? The effect of the "Take Cover" combat drill is only applied at the end of the unit?s activation. This improved cover test never applies to a unit targeted by Overwatch fire. So, you can run into the ZoF of a unit with Overwatch and get a 5+ cover save, but even if you gave them the Take Cover, they do not get the benefit of the +3 save until after the Overwatch fire has resolved.

? (I got this wrong) the limitation on Overwatch /Split Fire and special weapons only has to do with locked shot weapons.
Last edited by CleverName on Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tyson
Veteran

Post by tyson » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:21 pm

The other thing, apparently, that we have been doing wrong is how we use "split fire". I was reading some the FAQ Q and A's and some asked a question about different salvos. A unit must fire all the weapons of one type in a particular salvo, but can shoot a seperate salvo with it's special weapons. This can be done without a combat drill. In fact, it said that split fire had to deal with shooting at two different times and not two different targets. So, essentially, one only needs to use the split fire order to shoot special weapons during the activation phase and then regular weapons during overwatch, or vice versa. Maybe I was misunderstanding what was said but it was clear that split fire was meant to be used for shooting at different times.

The other thing about split fire, is that units with 2 weapons per model, like AFV's and type 3 infantry, don't need to use the split fire order to shoot at different targets. They can target a different unit with each weapon. So, a unit of Steel TacArms, for example, could potentially shoot 6 different targets. I'm not sure how indirect fire weapons are affected by this but Jon's K-Warrriors, the monkeys with the big guns, should at least be able to target two different units, one by each fighter in the unit.
"Sorry, this is the only extra chopstick I carry."

CleverName
Veteran

Post by CleverName » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:59 pm

tyson wrote:The other thing, apparently, that we have been doing wrong is how we use "split fire". I was reading some the FAQ Q and A's and some asked a question about different salvos. A unit must fire all the weapons of one type in a particular salvo, but can shoot a seperate salvo with it's special weapons. This can be done without a combat drill. In fact, it said that split fire had to deal with shooting at two different times and not two different targets. So, essentially, one only needs to use the split fire order to shoot special weapons during the activation phase and then regular weapons during overwatch, or vice versa. Maybe I was misunderstanding what was said but it was clear that split fire was meant to be used for shooting at different times.
Wow, that is really interesting. I will re-read that.
The other thing about split fire, is that units with 2 weapons per model, like AFV's and type 3 infantry, don't need to use the split fire order to shoot at different targets. They can target a different unit with each weapon. So, a unit of Steel TacArms, for example, could potentially shoot 6 different targets. I'm not sure how indirect fire weapons are affected by this but Jon's K-Warrriors, the monkeys with the big guns, should at least be able to target two different units, one by each fighter in the unit.
It also means that they could shoot one salvo, then move and shoot another.

One other thing. If you or anyone else is free on Tuesday night, I am going to be showing AT-43 to my RPG group since we have a night "off." Please come by if you'd like. Thanks!

CleverName
Veteran

Post by CleverName » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:21 pm

I did something else incorrectly. The company commander must be either on the board OR in the activation sequence to use his or her stats. Officers in the reserves or reinforcements do not count.

Neither should we have gotten LP from reserve or reinforcement units. Sorry about that. LP and Authority are something each side should quickly check at the beginning of the round.

CleverName
Veteran

Post by CleverName » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:38 pm

Looks like we are NOT playing AT-43 tomorrow.:(

Maybe next Tues. I will let y'all know.

CleverName
Veteran

Post by CleverName » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:41 pm

Yet another thing I learned -- neutral access zone must be controlled to be used.

steveyray30606
Tactical Marine

Post by steveyray30606 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:46 pm

I was reading up on the rules and apparently we have been doing our authority tests wrong. When your betting LP points you are only able to use the number indicated on your highest-ranking officers LP value. We have been including the LP points for the number of units in play or reserve.

Excerpt from online rules:

Example: A company commanded by a Sergeant (a rank 1
Officer). As long as he is in the game, the player can wager 0 to
2 LP in order to boost his Authority tests. If his Commander had
been a Captain (rank 4), he could have wagered up to 5 LP.

steveyray30606
Tactical Marine

Post by steveyray30606 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:38 am

I'll be at CCCG Feb. 21rst at around 4 p.m. if anyone is intrested in a game.

CleverName
Veteran

Post by CleverName » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:13 am

Respecting AuthoriTIE

That is correct. If you use Easy AT-43, that maximum bid number is printed under the base Authority number.

I can't make it down there today, sorry. I'm doubtful that I will be able to make it down on Satuday either.

This makes me sad.

If y'all are going to be down there, let me know and I can prob. drop off my minis again.

steveyray30606
Tactical Marine

Post by steveyray30606 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:58 am

That would be great Wayne, thanks.

CleverName
Veteran

Post by CleverName » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:33 am

steveyray30606 wrote:That would be great Wayne, thanks.
Do you want me to drop them off today or Saturday?

tyson
Veteran

Post by tyson » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:51 pm

I can't be there today or Sat., but I do plan on stopping by Sunday. Don't know if anyone will be there though.
"Sorry, this is the only extra chopstick I carry."

CleverName
Veteran

Post by CleverName » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:05 pm

tyson wrote:I can't be there today or Sat., but I do plan on stopping by Sunday. Don't know if anyone will be there though.
MAYBE, just MAYBE I may be able to make it Sun Afternoon. I'll post back here if I can.

Cripple X
Chapter Master

Post by Cripple X » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:36 am

Will you guys be playing a game if you make it sunday? I've got a paper due Monday, but I suppose I could stop by for a bit and watch if you all are planning on playing.

steveyray30606
Tactical Marine

Post by steveyray30606 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:30 pm

I guess I'll roll by on Sunday.