March 30th 40k Tournament

Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer 40,000, Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic Armageddon, Inquisitor and more!
NegativeK
Chapter Master

March 30th 40k Tournament

Post by NegativeK » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:04 pm

What: Classic City Comics and Games - Rogue Trader Style Tournament

When: Sunday, March 30th @ 12:45 until 5:15..ish.

The Quick Details: All players (up to ten) will play three 1000 pt. games on 4'x4' tables, with 1/4 table of terrain. Points will be determined based on battle points, sportsmanship points, theme points, and appearance points. $10 entry fee, with first, second, and third place prizes (50%, 30%, and 20% respectively)!

Army Composition:
All armies must be 1000 points or less, from new versions of codices including the White Dwarf Blood Angels codex. Army lists and chapter divergences/doctrines/etc. may not change during the tournament. Be sure to have a copy of your list from Army Builder. Imperial Armour may be allowed, with the following conditions: No super-heavies or fliers. All choices must be pre-approved by me. You must have a physical copy of the book with the rules for IA models.
WYSIWYG and painted models are not required, but they are encouraged. Proxy models must be Games Workshop and of the same type (i.e., no Tactical Marines counting as terminators or Rhinos counting as Land Raiders.) Be sure to inform your opponent of any proxying (if they're interested.)

Gameplay:
Everyone will play three games with a max of six turns each. Scenarios will be mixed and matched, so be sure to build a balanced list! One hour and five minutes into each game, I'll announce that all games will be on their "last turn" - games in progress will end after both players have had an equal number of turns.
Before each game, five minutes will be given to discuss terrain and proxying with your opponent.
In the even of an odd number of entrants, the middle ranking player (no repeats) each turn will get a "draw."
It has to be said: if a rules dispute comes up, judge rulings are final.

Points Layout
Battle Points:
A win is worth more than a draw, a draw is worth more than a loss, and a loss is worth more than a concession (which is worth 0 points!) Also, massacring is worth more to the winner than a major victory, which is worth more than a minor victory.

Sportsmanship:
All players will secretly vote at the end of the tournament on their favorite sportsman that they played. Points will be awarded based on the number of votes received.

Appearance Points:
Appearance points will be received both from player votes and from judging. Anyone can vote on anyone else's army, so be sure to check out everyone's army! Note that armies that are not fully painted by the player (at least three colors) will receive zero points from the judging aspect.

Theme Points:
Theme points will be received both from player votes and from judging.

Pre-game Points:
Players can receive an extra point by submitting their army list and theme description (if applicable, both will be kept private) before Friday, March 28th. PM me for submission details.
Players can also receive an extra point by paying the entry fee before Friday, March 28th. Give the $10 to Jon or myself (Everett) at CCCG.

Pre-paid Players:
- Jason
Last edited by NegativeK on Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sun Tzu said: "Now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand."

Miniature Overload: http://minioverload.blogspot.com/ (Last updated 2009/9/11)

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:33 am

WAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH SKULLSQUEEZA!
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

Taylor
Tactical Marine

Post by Taylor » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:31 pm

*sigh* I would, but I can't. :?
"Scary theories out the window, fun times ahead."

W/L/T

Kara'gan Warhost (Eldar) 6/8/0

The Fallen (Vampire Counts [Undead High Elves]) 0/1/0

Taylor
Tactical Marine

Post by Taylor » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:32 pm

W/L/T

Taylor
Tactical Marine

Post by Taylor » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:32 pm

W/L/T

NegativeK
Chapter Master

Post by NegativeK » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:12 pm

Aw, come on. If you can post three posts in a row, you can make it to the tournament. ;D
Sun Tzu said: "Now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand."

tyson
Veteran

Post by tyson » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:04 pm

Yo, Everette, do you intend on using all the scenarios as possibilities? A scenario like meat grinder, for example, would be pretty impossible for the attacker unless the bulk of their points were in troops. Some scenarios also call for unbalanced lists, like defender has half points. In that case the defender would be at a serious disadvantage.

I didn't play in the last tournie, so maybe you've already worked out these logistical problems. In that case, oops :roll: But, in any case, can we see which scenarios we might face? Also, I'm assuming whose attacker and defender is based on a coin flip and not standings.
"Sorry, this is the only extra chopstick I carry."

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:30 pm

alright. An official thread. SO...5 weeks 3 days till tourney, and i still gotta paint 1 vehicle, 1 character, and 19 marines. I guess i better get cracking as so far i only got 2 units painted and that only takes up 210 pts of my list...argh...the pressure.
Seriously tho..i need a good swift kick in the pants to get my marines finished. So i guess i will be prepaying this weekend so i have no excuses and plenty of reason to get off my hind end and make effort to paint at every possible moment.
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

NegativeK
Chapter Master

Post by NegativeK » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:39 am

tyson wrote:Yo, Everette, do you intend on using all the scenarios as possibilities? A scenario like meat grinder, for example, would be pretty impossible for the attacker unless the bulk of their points were in troops. Some scenarios also call for unbalanced lists, like defender has half points. In that case the defender would be at a serious disadvantage.

I didn't play in the last tournie, so maybe you've already worked out these logistical problems. In that case, oops :roll: But, in any case, can we see which scenarios we might face? Also, I'm assuming whose attacker and defender is based on a coin flip and not standings.
The scenarios won't necessarily be from the big book (I have a method of generating them,) but none of them will have designated attackers and defenders.

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:32 am

I also have some painting to do. Good thing we still have plenty of time left.
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

Taylor
Tactical Marine

Post by Taylor » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:14 pm

Taylor wrote:*sigh* I would, but I can't. :?

x3=whoops

My computer totally wigged out when I posted that... and I feel dumb because I can't find he delete button...

W/L/T

NegativeK
Chapter Master

Post by NegativeK » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:24 pm

Don't forget - the tournament is this Sunday! Be there at or before 12:45 with army list and entry fee in hand.

Only one person has jumped on the two extra points for doing things early (presubmitting army lists, theme info, and $10,) so if you want it, you have until the end of Thursday.

Remember, this Sunday: be there or be a doodoo bird.

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:48 am

The amethyst Fists will be there in there somewhat rushed glory. Painting has been well..little to none. part is because my brushes are going to crap, the other part is delayed orders coming in. I finally got my new brushes in so going to try to get as much done as i can this week to have the entire force at least to the 3 colors rule. They wont all be at the standard i want, but to have them all most of the way there i will be happy with for this tournament. Guess after the tournament i am gonna finish these guys so i can at least say i have over 1000 points of my army painted.

So you guys better be there..i need some good challengers for my army to face off against.
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:56 pm

Me will be dare to crush dem humies! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH Skullsqueeza has begun!
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

NegativeK
Chapter Master

Post by NegativeK » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:34 pm

Last call!

Army lists and theme information have, by my count, three hours and twenty seven minutes to be PMed to me. If your list or theme stuff changes after you submit it, the point is forfeit. For prepay of entry, you have twenty seven minutes to get to CCCG and give it to John.

Last call!