March 30th 40k Tournament

Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer 40,000, Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic Armageddon, Inquisitor and more!
Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:05 pm

So.....how did this go?
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

umm

Post by Morbidangel » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:27 pm

umm..it didn't. I was the only one who showed, up..so i wasted my gas, drove to the store, waited around 3 hours...no one showed, i was bored, so i won by default and got all the prize money which was just the 10 i prepaid back.

Was a very disappointing experience for me to be honest.

Guess thats what we get when were allowed to vote on a date of a tournament...no one shows.

Maybe next time there will be someone to actually battle. Sucks i worked my butt off last week getting my army up to the minimum standard of just 3 colors. I got my greys done, the blackended areas, gave them a basecoat of the purple areas, and basecoats for purity seals in a week, just so they would be painted and nothing. Oh well..there that much closer to being fully painted.
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

NegativeK
Chapter Master

Post by NegativeK » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:13 pm

Abaddon wrote:So.....how did this go?
I'm kicking around a way to get commitments to judge interest in another attempt in six or so weeks.

The gist of it is, if you want to participate in the tournament, you should prepay the entry fee. If I have enough prepaid entries a week before, the tournament's a go and refunds cease to exist. If not, the tournament's canceled (with a one week notice,) and everyone gets a refund.
Sun Tzu said: "Now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand."

Miniature Overload: http://minioverload.blogspot.com/ (Last updated 2009/9/11)