exterminatus 2008

Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer 40,000, Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic Armageddon, Inquisitor and more!
Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:48 pm

Well, not much painting in tonight. I did manage to get most of my last and final marine(not including a land speeder i still have to aquire) worked on. I woudl say hes almost all built, except i gotta finish green stuffing his shoulder.
Scrounging thru my bitz and re-using old models that were assembled and what not from the junk a friend of mine game me as he left the game is a pain. I got all the stuff i needed to build a terminator sergeant to replace the one i have with lightning claws. The biggest bummer is i don't have a shoulder pad with the crux terminatus on it. SO>>>> i have to green stuff a crux up on the inquisitorial terminator pad. Why the heck they added that shoulder in the box set is beyond me. Oh well, he will look cool when its all said and done.

Anyways. I have a dread, a crusader, 5 scouts, and 11 painted Tac squad marines and 2 painted terminators done. However i gotta redo the helmets on the terminators, but that wont take long, and one of the marines needs a new squad number. I have another 15 tac marines and a captain being worked on currently as well. That leaves me with 9 more tactical marines to do, 14 marines for my devestator squads, and the other 4 terminators, plus a rhino and a speeder to paint. I am making progress, but not as much as i would like. Been under the weather for the past 5 days, and painting and coughing isn't a good mix.

So how are you other 2 guys doing in getting your armies finished?
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

Nightbane
Terminator

Post by Nightbane » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:02 am

I have 35 more tac marines a crusader, 3 rhinos, 2 bikes and a landspeeder left :shock:

so I will hopefully be done in about a month and a half
W/L/D
Knights Templar (BT Space Marines)--17/15/3

Born to fight, trained to kill, ready to die, but never will.

SoldierOfFortune
Veteran

Post by SoldierOfFortune » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:24 am

I'm still playing around with the odds and ends of my list, but I've got at least my scratchbuilt Battlewagon to go, and probably another box of Warbikerz. Depending on the time and 5th ed playtesting, I may switch out my HQ choices- A warboss on a bike with a power klaw sounds like way too much fun, and I've got a conversion in mind that involves looting the Ravenwing biker special character.
Painting will also include 24 Grots, the odd Boyz that are not up to snuff, and a metric ton of basing and flocking.
Jason, I may want to try and get ahold of you if only for some basing advice.

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:17 am

basing advice? Sure. Usually tho all i do for my bases is glue and sand it, then go over the sand with paint, dry brush it up to a lighter natural color add static grass and paint the bases trim.
You can add other stuff to the base too, i have done rubble pieces using sprues, and i have added ruined vehicle parts like rhino doors, spare tracks, chaos spikes.

So what questions did you have in mind?

Image Image

Chief Nocahoma
Scout

Post by Chief Nocahoma » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:36 am

I got an email this week from the guys that run Exterminatus. They confirmed location will be the Gwinnett Center again. It was in a really nice new connected suite of rooms last year and there is a lot of close free parking.

This is an event we really need to support and help grow. In addition to being as close as any GT is ever going to be you can meet some other gamers from the Metro ATL and maybe we can get a nice home and home series going with those guys. The Necronomicon GT in Orlando and the Hillbilly GT in Memphis started out just like this and now they are literally international evetns.

The free parking is nice. The Hillbilly GT event I am attending in Memphis July 18-20 costs $12.00 per day to park. Thats right Fri, Sat, Sun costs $36.00 just to park.

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:34 am

well thats what i am trying to do, get people interested. For me..i don't get to play as often as others. Due to the increase in gas prices, i am gonna have to restrict most of my play to tournaments. THe main reason is cause, if i go to a tournament, sure i have to pay, but i am usually guaranteed 3 games on average. So for one long day, the gas and expense to a one day tourney event, plus the cost of the tourney, its 3 games. Locally if i drive to a local store, if i get a game in, its usually one, so then i gotta spend gas to maybe get one game in. In the end, its just averaging out the cost of my games. 15-20 bucks round trip to a local store for 1 game, or should i spend 60 bucks for two days round trip gas, and 45 for entry fees to get 5 games. 15-20 for 1, and 105+ for 5 games? its all in all about the same cost for me either way.

As far as my army is going, i am making some headway.
I got to play test my 2k army last wed up at the GW store. The only exception is i didn't have a tornado, so i replaced it with an extra 5 man tac squad. I won the game, and realized that my army build was very good for the new rules and the new scenarios. Taking enough troops really helped me in the new objective rules. Come to find out..any unit can contest objectives but only troops can claim the objectives. Also the objectives have a short distance of a 3" radius.

As for army progression. I am still more than halfway from my army beign finished. But i am making progress, even if it is slow. I am right now just trying to get all the marines finished with there gray armor, and up to the purple. The purple stage sems to be where a chunk of my force is stuck at, but i will start getting them past that. Also got sick this week, and that put another dent in my already slow painting progress.

So, any further news on maybe ride sharing to the event. Also are most of you guys in athens itself. i live in commerce, so if you guys are going to ride share to the event, would you guys be up for picking me up on the way to qwinnet from a meeting place in commerce? it would be pointless otherwise for me to ride to athens just to meet up to ride, when i could just ride to gwinnet. Just a thought. We should get together for sure by the end of august to discuss any arangments to group up on costs like hotel room or what not.

Image Image

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:24 am

hey guys. Been discussing things with the wife, and well i am not going to be able to go to exterminatus this year. I want to, and i could probably get my army finished. However it boils down to this just simply being an extra expense that i wont be able to afford. Part of it is the timing. I have a wedding in the family to go to around that time, as well as a planned trip a month prior to visit family. On top of the new baby that is due in a couple of weeks. Since gas prices are now a bigger burden, plus i got school, and no real job. My wife and i simply see it as an uneccessary expense right now.

So for those of you that are still going, take pics, and represent. maybe next year i can make it. Seems i always try to plan for these things and my wife being the dreadnought she is, always blows my plans out of the water. :lol: :lol:

See you guys around the store. I will still finish working on my fists tho to hopefully give some of you a trashing.

Image Image

Chief Nocahoma
Scout

Post by Chief Nocahoma » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:16 pm

Morbiangel said

"Been discussing things with the wife, and well i am not going to be able to go to ....." ____________ (you can just about fill in the blank thats one downside of the whole wife situation)

You still have a few months to work on her and you can always threaten to take up poker and whores! :twisted:

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:03 pm

nope. I definitly wont be going now. My schooling got pushed behind due to real life events and with the extra expenses now due to real life issues, what having to drive back and forth to athens and down town atlanta this past week, and on top of that a repair of my van, since it was running hot. That has eliminated any budget costs set aside for the tournament.
So with my new one being born, and all the stuff going on, i have no choice but to post pone the tounament till next year, at least for me going.
And my wife isn't really the one to talk into going, its more my choice than hers.

Image Image

Chief Nocahoma
Scout

Post by Chief Nocahoma » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:40 pm

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it. It does sound like you have a full plate at the moment.

Nightbane
Terminator

Post by Nightbane » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:52 pm

so, any idea on how many people we are going to have?
W/L/D
Knights Templar (BT Space Marines)--17/15/3

Born to fight, trained to kill, ready to die, but never will.

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:13 am

Still in the air for me.
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:26 pm

well, theres chief nocahoma going for the fantasy side, nightbane is planning to go for 40k, solider of fortune is thinknig of getting his orcs ready for 40k, and abaddon is up in the air. So 3-4, not including me anymore. I really want to go, but alas...my choice to not go was a wise move by me, since i made the choice a week ago, i had the emergency in my family, well with my wife/daughter, and now i have constant trips back and forth from commerce to grady that is gonna take a toll on me financially. I will gladly support you guys that get to go, and those who go, better take some pics and post them here. I would love to have some representation as this event is the closest we get to having a close by GT now.
SO next year..i will definitly go..as this is two years runnning that i couldn't attend this event.
For now..my army and painting and everything has halted. I was going to pick up the rule book but now i will jsut simply skip on the rule book for now, and when everything calms down, i might look into the new starter box for my rules come september or later.

Image Image

SoldierOfFortune
Veteran

Post by SoldierOfFortune » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:17 pm

Well, if you were going to give any excuse, I guess a new baby is a pretty good one. :P We'll miss you, but we're happy for you.

And Moe, i suppose you can count me in as a dirty round-baser for the tourney.

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:38 pm

well under normal baby arriving circumstances, i wouldn't have missed the tourney using the new baby as an excuse. But with her now being at grady memorial hospital for a week so far, and us being given an estimated 2+ weeks of her being there, thats putting a big strain financially on us, since we all know gas isn't as cheap as it once was.
But on the bright side, my little girl is doing great...so i got hope that i can return to a semi stabalized normal life lol.

Image Image