getting some feedback

Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer 40,000, Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic Armageddon, Inquisitor and more!
Morbidangel
Chapter Master

getting some feedback

Post by Morbidangel » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:15 am

hey guys. I am going to start a long drawn out and skill testing project. Its my fantasy army. I am going to convert the bulk of my force. I am basing my army around a more barbaric look for the warriors and lions as mounts instead of horses. I want my warband to be an all warrior tribe for the most part. it will be an all mortals list, and so far my plans are as follows. My mauraders will be based off the sister repentia models. They will be to appear to be women warriors with tattered cloths and armor. They will use flails and great weapons for the most part. My core will be my warriors. These will be basically armored but stil hae alot of bare skin. think of the current mauraders but more armored. My knights will be similar except they will be mounted on lions. I do plan at some point to include a chaos giant which i will make armored similar to my warriors. And depending on what other units i can take when the new book arrives i may add other stuff. I am thinking ofa chariot too, but going to wait for a new plastic warriors chariot. I will also have a unit of warhounds too.

Now where i am needing some feedback is i am torn on what god to allie them too. I am not so keen on the rules as much as the fluff idea. I am leaning towards khorne in some aspects because they will be more barbaric and i was thinking of using the new juggernaut models as a champion/hero. Slaanesh because of the female mauraders and maybe they are more vain due to showing off there physiques more. Also leaning towards tzneetch just because i have never done a tzneetch army and it would allow me some magic in the form of my general as a tribes battle seer or something.
I am again at a loss...cause the gods allegiance will also determine the color scheme some. I plan to use more natural colors, browns, greys, blacks, metals, but would probably use the gods allegiance as an accent color...red, purple, or blue.

Also..i am thinking for the bases to have them riding over a magma field with flowing lava..but that might be a bit to much since there not demons or anything. So bases are also in demand. Should i stick to a lava rich chaos enviroment or more of a northern wastes/tundra feel.
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

Schlock
Veteran

Post by Schlock » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:04 pm

I've always liked undivided... black and earthy colors. But if I'm to do an accent, it would be red, so khorne, I guess.
I, however, have little knowledge on the ways of chaos. I know the gods and what they stand for, but now their rules.
As for the bases, I'd go with a tundra, mountain tribe, snow direction. If they are mortal tribes from the northern wastes.
If they were more warped, they'd be closer to the corrupted eye of chaos and walking over lava.... but the way you've described them, I'd go with the tundra/wastes theme.

That's my two cents, but I'm sure they'll look great, whatever you decide.

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:07 am

thanks for a response. I am leaning more towards slaanesh for sure. Reasons being i've always had a thing for slaanesh, and second since i am going to with more flesh showing than armor, it can easily be that they are devoted to the perfection of slaanesh more than the perversion. Also since my mauraders are going to be the females in leahter and chains kinda of feel, it also make sense too. I am thinking of more natural colors for sure. Blacks, browns, greys, dark metals, bronzes, golds as sparingly as possible tho. As for the accent color its mostly going to be on shields or for capes more than anything. Purple is dark enough to make it not so bright and gawdy, but its also a color of a regal and royal nature. So thats something i am thinking about as well.

Also...part of my choice is based on the way they are doing the new rules. Khorne seems to be losing the frenzy nature which is a good thing, but they are looking at giving them hatred. Slaanesh also seems to be about speed and quickness which i like better. Again...part of that will have to be after the new rules. Luckily they will be doing a white dwarf list next month so it will give me some insight to how the new direction of mortals will be.

Image Image

Schlock
Veteran

Post by Schlock » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:54 pm

Sounds like a good idea... if I ever did chaos, I would lean toward the mortal side of things.

I look forward to seeing this army and possibly defending the Empire from them.

rob0362
Assault Marine

Post by rob0362 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:31 pm

And knowing your skill with painting slaanesh They will look Freaking Incredible
WarFan is the best Damn Club in Atlanta !

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:58 pm

thanks rob lol. My ideas have changed a little. I am gonna probably convert my general up using a simalar idea(using mauraders instead of beastmen) and later on convert up my chosen in this cross blend. For the time being i am gonna just stick to basic mauraders/warriors for cost reasons. Also i am gonna probably go with a more undivided aspect. I am thinking of a dark steel metal look to the armor, blacks/browns for leather/boots/gloves, and have orange implented in the color scheme for cloaks and shields. I haven't done asolid orange army and it would make for a good change. That way i can mark units later on after the new rules for the marks.

Image Image

SoldierOfFortune
Veteran

Post by SoldierOfFortune » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:19 pm

I've been very satisfied with the orange accents on my rusty Space Orks, and in your competent hands I'm sure that you can accomplish a similar thing with your army.