Just a teaser...

Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer 40,000, Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic Armageddon, Inquisitor and more!
Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Just a teaser...

Post by Morbidangel » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:15 am

...of what i have been up to lately.

I have been working on getting my marines painted, and more organized, and focusing on a 2000 points list that is a bit more focused and has a chance to win some games(i hope).
I really want to get up there and test them, but not sure when i will be able to get a game in to test them.

I also know alot of you guys have said you like the look of my army, so i figured you guys might enjoy the look of my new commander. Hes not painted yet, i just got done working on the conversion and assembling the rest of the marines to bring my list to 2k. He will get primed this weekend, and will probably start getting some paint slapped on shortly there after. I will probably work him in with my squads, as i am trying to get them knocked out in a small assembly line fashion..painting 4-5 marines at a time. Also not shown in the picture is the top of his banner. He has a fist on the top of the banner inplace of where the eagle or skulls usually go as a banner top. I used a chaos gloved fist and it looks good.
So heres a nice pic of the guy.

Just incase the image doesn't work, heres a link to my pbase account where the photo is located at.
http://www.pbase.com/morbidangel/image/98605221
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

SoldierOfFortune
Veteran

Post by SoldierOfFortune » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:36 pm

Hey, he does have some potential!
Can't wait to see a brush on this guy.

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:49 pm

no worries there. Its coming. Hes now primed and has an ink wash on him. I must say..GW's new ink washes are like a god send on painting. Using the black ink wash over the white primer has so sped up the grey armor on my marines.
Before i had primed them white, then gave the armor a thinned coat of codex grey(or Vallejos cold grey to be honest), then used a watered down black ink over it, which darkened it big time. I had to use the grey first cause the watered down black ink doesn't stick to well over primer. Then after the wash, i had to go back over it with the codex grey to bring the tone down, so i could get it to the fortress grey base color i needed for my armor. The ink wash was done mostly so i wouldn't have to focus so much on lining in all the armor sections. Then the final step to the grey armor was a highlight of misty grey(a very light grey).

With the new black wash that GW put out. It covers very well over the white primer. In fact, it turns the white primer a shade of grey, and darkens in the shadows enough to still see them. So after this i just apply the base coat of fortress grey, then highlight, maybe touch up the armor lines, and the grey is done.

SO if you guys haven't tried the new washes...GET THEM. With the foundation paints and the washes, they are almost a fool proof easy way to pump out good quality gaming standard models. And NO..i am not being a GW poster child, just stating an easy way to knock out armies faster and have them look good.
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image