New 40k Ref Sheets?

Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer 40,000, Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic Armageddon, Inquisitor and more!
Steve
Primarch

New 40k Ref Sheets?

Post by Steve » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:27 am

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:23 pm

Wait wait wait... does that mean since the falcon is fast it can move and still shoot all of its weapons?
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

opieself
Tactical Marine

Post by opieself » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:02 pm

Yes as long as it only moves up to its combat speed, which I assume to be 6" same with walkers. So not nearly as bad as the leaked document that was rolling around.
opieself

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:06 pm

But they have to move 12" to get the 4+ cover save right?
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

Yuri
Chapter Master

Post by Yuri » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:37 pm

Great, a Deep Strike mishap table. Bastards.
"Women are like Voltron; the more you can hook up the better."
"Since when is stealing a rhinoceros considered evil?"

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:18 pm

combat speed is 6 inches, to get a cover save on a fast moving vehicle, they have to be moving faster than 12 inches. I would have to recheck the rule book up at the GW store to make sure its 12 and up, and not just anything over 12. I have only done a quick browse thru the few times i have been by the store this past couple of weeks.
Mostly to drool over the new rules a little, and new pics.

I thought for sure they were going to make vehicles more worth taking. Most people prefer an all infantry list because vehicles aren't worth taking, but now with alot of the new vehicle rules, they have basically made them even more not worth taking.

Defensive weapons being now str 4 and below pretty much makes taking sponsons on predators and leman russ's a waste of points. Now you have to stay still to shoot all those guns, so no more mobile weapon platforms. It also makes dreadnoughts more of a marine choice for a weapon battery, as you can still move 6 inches and fire both the missle launcher, and main gun.

Anyways, its nice to see the charts. I might have to get me some printed out to keep handy. I just wish the new starter box was coming out around the same time as the rule book and not 3 months later. I would rather spend 50 on the starter box to get a small rule book and extra minis than spending 50 on a big giant book.
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

NegativeK
Chapter Master

Post by NegativeK » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:34 pm

Yuri wrote:Great, a Deep Strike mishap table. Bastards.
Last I heard, you only roll on the mishap table if your unit scattered into a place where it can't be -- i.e., onto enemy units or impassable terrain.

With this, they're only instantly destroyed a third of the time. Deep striking actually became even _less_ deadly.
Sun Tzu said: "Now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand."

Miniature Overload: http://minioverload.blogspot.com/ (Last updated 2009/9/11)

Yuri
Chapter Master

Post by Yuri » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:58 pm

NegativeK wrote:
Yuri wrote:Great, a Deep Strike mishap table. Bastards.
Last I heard, you only roll on the mishap table if your unit scattered into a place where it can't be -- i.e., onto enemy units or impassable terrain.

With this, they're only instantly destroyed a third of the time. Deep striking actually became even _less_ deadly.
Actually, they are instantly destroyed 2/3 of the time. 1-2 is gone, 5-6 is delayed, but 3-4 is placed anywhere by opponent, including inside difficult terrain which counts as Dangerous for Deep Strikers, so gone.
"Women are like Voltron; the more you can hook up the better."
"Since when is stealing a rhinoceros considered evil?"

NegativeK
Chapter Master

Post by NegativeK » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:37 pm

Yuri wrote:Actually, they are instantly destroyed 2/3 of the time. 1-2 is gone, 5-6 is delayed, but 3-4 is placed anywhere by opponent, including inside difficult terrain which counts as Dangerous for Deep Strikers, so gone.
Dangerous terrain only wounds a model on a one on a d6. That, and I can't find anything in the rule book about difficult becoming dangerous to deep strikers.

But even if it is a full two-thirds of the time, one-third of the time you're better off than in fourth edition. ;D
Sun Tzu said: "Now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand."

Miniature Overload: http://minioverload.blogspot.com/ (Last updated 2009/9/11)

Steve
Primarch

Post by Steve » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:43 am

How would everyone feel about chipping in to pay for a Copy of the new rule book to keep at the store? I'll pitch in $10, that just leaves 40 more plus tax.

Anyone else? :-)

CCCG
Terminator

Post by CCCG » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:39 pm

Steve wrote:How would everyone feel about chipping in to pay for a Copy of the new rule book to keep at the store? I'll pitch in $10, that just leaves 40 more plus tax.

Anyone else? :-)
Don't worry about it. I'll pop one open for the store.

I should be getting them in a few weeks.
Classic City Comics & Games
1063 - B Baxter St
Athens Ga 30606
706-583-9009