wet pallete release...John can you preorder

Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer 40,000, Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic Armageddon, Inquisitor and more!
Morbidangel
Chapter Master

wet pallete release...John can you preorder

Post by Morbidangel » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:20 pm

hey guys. I figured i would share my excitement. I know that everett had done a thread on making a cheap wet pallette a while back. I myself tried making one and i liked the results, yet in my hot house, the darn thing still drys out and the container i used, was an old tupperware container with no lid. So i had to place stuff over it when not in use, but it still dried out.

Anyways, i just recently saw that privateer press, the guys who do warmachine and hordes, have just released a huge line of reasonably priced and very good quality hobby supplies. Well one item they released is a wet pallette as seen here. http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/p/priv ... source=top
The link i used is the only picture i have been able to find online of the product. Anyways, the set comes with a container, a palette sponge and a pad of pallette wax paper basically. The best part is its precut, and prepackaged, and a great deal for those looking to find a better way to paint. Its also not that expensive, only 20 bucks retail for the starter kit and you can get two refiller pads for $12 retail. The only drawback i can see is that you would have to find a replacement sponge or buy a new kit if the pallette gets to mildew ridden.

So john are you able to order these? or any of the other privateer press hobby supplies. I only need the wetpallette for now but would like to know if you can order the stuff for future purchases.

As for the other hobby supplies, i can't vouch for the glues yet(but anything has to be better than GWs glue), but the stuff looks to be cheaper than GWs stuff lately, and if i know privateer press, they only approve the good quality stuff that there painting team would use. Right now the file set(3 files) is $9 retail, the sculpting set(another 3 piece and very good set) is $10, and the there epoxy putty is about the same price as GWs. Also i noticed there pinning drill which is $13 bucks, comes with the drill, bits, and also some brass rods for pinning and what not. to me that sounds like a great deal if your doing some hardcore pinning.

Oh well, just thought i would share the info with you guys. I know there paints are really good paints, but i have only tried two of their colors. I can't afford to invest in all there paints yet.
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

CCCG
Terminator

Post by CCCG » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:19 am

Yes, I can put an order in for one. I don't know when they will be released. Do you want me to put an order in?
Classic City Comics & Games
1063 - B Baxter St
Athens Ga 30606
706-583-9009

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:13 pm

yes please, put an order in for the wet pallette. I will get back to you on the other products. I will hold off on the new hobby supplies till later this year, just good to know you can order them.

As for the release date, thats fine. They say june, so it should have been this month, tho most stores might not get them till early july. Just let me know when you get it in.
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image