Sunday Fantasy

Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer 40,000, Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic Armageddon, Inquisitor and more!
Yuri
Chapter Master

Sunday Fantasy

Post by Yuri » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:24 pm

Beastmen need some more beatings. I can do at least 1500 now, but I would have to sit down and figure out exactly how much I could field.

On a side note, Mo, I can't remember the numbers of Gors/Ungors for Beast Herd units. Was it 5 and 5?
"Women are like Voltron; the more you can hook up the better."
"Since when is stealing a rhinoceros considered evil?"

Chief Nocahoma
Scout

Post by Chief Nocahoma » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:05 pm

I can't do Sunday. I can play Saturday if we can get the small table away from the dirty, filthy round basers. :wink:

Depending on the models you have available, I recommend at least 5 Gors and Foe render. You want your whole front rank to be T4 and have the xhw. Fill out the unit with 5-8 Ungors. So your total unit size is 10-14.

These smaller units are more vulnerable to panic but they are so much more manuverable and fight just as well and of course are much much cheaper. You can swarm over the battle field and ambush a few more units without losing effectiveness in your main attack elements.

Either that or make a "superherd" with all your characters in it and preferablely something that makes them resist panic/fear. The theory is that the unit is too large to damage through regular attacks in an amount sufficient to force panic checks. Also, when you do get this giant unit into combat, all the characters will be there in the front rank to lay the smack down and you will be sure to have your max ranks and outnumber.
Last edited by Chief Nocahoma on Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yuri
Chapter Master

Post by Yuri » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:22 pm

Unfortunately, I am going to be a round basing on Saturday and I actually found out I'm going to the movies with my dad and brother on Sunday, so I can't make it then either. Maybe the next week?

I like the idea of the Super Herd with lots of characters ;)

Thanks. I should be all set to create some sort of normal, stable list that i can throw down all the time.
"Women are like Voltron; the more you can hook up the better."
"Since when is stealing a rhinoceros considered evil?"