Ork second wave in Jan.

Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer 40,000, Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic Armageddon, Inquisitor and more!
Steve
Primarch

Ork second wave in Jan.

Post by Steve » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:56 am

Talked to my "contact" at GW and he confirmed that New ork stuff will start getting released in January 09 starting the 2nd week

Whats getting released is thus, we knew about most of this, but there were some new faces added to the listing

Boss Zagstruck
Boss Snikrot
Kaptain Badrukk
Gretchin (Plastic)
Stormboyz (Plastic)
Nobz (Plastic)
Battlewagon (Plastic)

He wouldn't give me prices as those aren't set in stone at the moment but the Gretchin box he said was going to be comprable to the ork box, and the Battle Wagon was going to be similar in price to a Land Raider, Nobz and Stormboys would be closer to a box of space marines, the characters would be in line with character and HQ pricing for non-terminator armored (or teh like) models

I was surprised to see Snikrot and Badrukk up there, though I can't wait to see their new models!!!

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:07 am

thats sweet. About time we see a plastic battlewagon. It will be nice to have a center structure to see conversions around and for those who aren't good at kit bashing.
Plastic gretchin...wow...theres a unit you don't see much off. And the best part is it builds hope to lots of those other armies that need plastic kits for units they rarely field. So when do eldar get a wave 2(like new warp spiders and new jetbikes), and some of the other armies.
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

SoldierOfFortune
Veteran

Post by SoldierOfFortune » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:28 pm

For the record, I've used a Gretchin squad in every one of my 40K games, and now that they can provide a cover save to models behind them, they aren't going anywhere! Git up dere, you maggits!
However, I am currently using Gnoblar models instead of the stock models, so I can see the need for a new kit.
Zagstruck seemed like a shoe-in, but I'm excited to hear about Badrukk and Snikrot!
Oh, and you can't have enough Battlewagons :D although Mine's gonna be cooler.

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:42 pm

not saying that every army wont have em. Its nice to see them as plastic. My old orcs army had a unit of 30 of em. Back when it was still metal. But man..that was alot of green to paint for one unit. Its nice that they give the orcs there cover save still if you shoot at the orcs behind them. A part of me might do a small orc army since the starter box will come a good little starter force. Sigh...here i go again..doing tons of armies again. Lol guess for sure my orcs wont be my master painted army like my eldar..they will definitly be a crudely done fast paint scheme.
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image