Who wants to give me bits?

Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer 40,000, Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic Armageddon, Inquisitor and more!
Schlock
Veteran

Who wants to give me bits?

Post by Schlock » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:47 am

I'm trying to flesh out my Daemonhunters and I want to do some conversions, however, I have no bits to work with.

I figured with the Assault on Black Reach coming out, and with so many SM or IG players out there, maybe there are some random bits I could patchwork into some inquisitor's retinue, or something else cool.

So, if anyone wants to throw out junk bits, I want to steal it from you, glue it all together and paint it.

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:16 am

um...what type of bitz are you really looking for?

If your looking to convert up your own actual inquisitor, sometimes the best idea is pick a fantasy model you absolutely like, and add 40k bitz to it such as bolters, laspistols, boltpistols, powerfist, lightning claw, powersword, poweraxe, chain sword and so forth. Same goes with a retinue, as the fantasy side gives that inquistitor retinue a more medivial/gothic look to them.

But as far as bitz goes, i have tons of different bitz but it helps to know what your looking for so i can go thru them and see if i have anything close to what you want or need.

I definitely have spare bolters lieing around, and a few metal storm bolters, and probably some other different weapons. Heck i even have a termie inquisitor i had once started converting with chaos bitz to make a radical inquisitor but he never got finished. I also have a blind chick from moreheim and some skull staff thing i was gonna use for the retinue conversion, but i can't remember what role she was gonna fill. Its been years since i got those bitz to do those conversions that never happened.
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

Schlock
Veteran

Post by Schlock » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:28 pm

What kind of bitz am I looking for? Good question.

The main conversion I have in mind is based on the Black Library Grey Knights books. In them, they describe a Grey Knight Chaplain wearing Termie armor w/ rare sacred Lightning Claws, Grey robes and hood, with the arms Shiny Black to signify his station. I know that there is no codex Grey Knight Chaplain, so I'll probably field him as an Inquisitor.

As for retinue or other units, I'll have to see what I can make. I do have some basic fantasy models to base off of, but I'll have to see what I can build with whatever bits I can get.

If I could build a ragged unit of Inquisitor Stormtroopers, I'd be happy... I need another troop choice.

I don't know what, I can use specifically.... all I can think of at the moment that I have have in mind are maybe some storm bolters, a left handed Terminator Lightning claw and some spare SM backpacks.

I'm open for any ideas... I like trying to imagine new models, even if my mind's eye is beyond my capability.

Schlock
Veteran

Post by Schlock » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:08 am

Oh, and heads.... SM heads, IG heads... heads with hoods. I could use heads.

Aelies
Devestator Marine

Post by Aelies » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:23 pm

Everyone needs a little head now and then. :D
OoOoOoOo what does this button do.