40k Tournament: August 8th??

Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer 40,000, Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic Armageddon, Inquisitor and more!
Morbidangel
Chapter Master

40k Tournament: August 8th??

Post by Morbidangel » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:29 pm

Ok guys, this is simply just a reserve thread. Everyone that was there at the last 40k tournament wanted to do another one and most agreed that 6-8 weeks out was perfect. Well considering that the last tournament was on the first weekend in June, and theres talk/planning of a fantasy tournament the first weekend of July, i figured maybe the first weekend of august would be good to do the next 40k tournament.

Also its on a saturday as everyone also said they would love to see it done on a saturday instead.

So if you guys want to do it on this weekend, and can plan to be there lets get a running of who all can go and if you guys are all good with this date for the next 40k tournament.

Also getting planning this far out also helps with army planning, maybe some painting and adding new units, touching up old units, or just getting those armies finished and also getting some extras done for your armies such as objective markers and display boards.
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

Rheibaen
Tactical Marine

Post by Rheibaen » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:23 am

For me, at this point it depends on when I can get into my dorm. I think school starts two weeks after this, so I might not be able to make it up 'till the week just after the 8th.
"We are born for a darker purpose than that of mere existence. There will come a time when the stygian night never ends, where dead stars will spread before us like islands that slumber on the ocean, and when the beings that hid like shadows will feed on us forever." ~Adept Corteswain at Omniastery of Selethoth, shortly before his disappearance.

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:01 am

August 8th sounds good to me.
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

Dannel
Assault Marine

Post by Dannel » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:45 pm

I have to work every Saturday so I will not be able to attend.
"I know no fear."

Nightbane
Terminator

Post by Nightbane » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:35 pm

I to have to work every Saturday =/
W/L/D
Knights Templar (BT Space Marines)--17/15/3

Born to fight, trained to kill, ready to die, but never will.

Yuri
Chapter Master

Post by Yuri » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:44 pm

I can actually make that weekend. Saturday or Sunday is good for me.
"Women are like Voltron; the more you can hook up the better."
"Since when is stealing a rhinoceros considered evil?"

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:25 am

well thats a good thing then that i am trying to get a good idea for a date.
As after the tourney we mentioned getting another one 6-8 weeks out, and some suggested saturdays instead of sundays. For me sundays is hard to do too, i am off but i am often at church all day, so i have to skip church to go. I also have to get the wife to be okay with that. Saturdays i just have to request the one off to go to the tourney as i too usually work saturdays.

So if sunday would be better then does that mean that the 9th would be a better day?
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

HurricaneGirl
Veteran

Post by HurricaneGirl » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Thomasina said the weekend is fine, but since there is discussion here about the date (and since we'd tenatively decided on Saturday at the end of the tourney) to put up a poll and see what everyone thinks, so look for that in another post. :)