Hobby Projects

Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer 40,000, Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic Armageddon, Inquisitor and more!
Abaddon
Site Admin

Hobby Projects

Post by Abaddon » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:40 am

So I have a pretty full GW project plate right now. I figured I would share my current hobby projects and I invite everyone else to let us know what you are working on or plan on working on. Here's mine:

Ork Apocalypse Army: See other thread. I am assembling my stompa right now (!!) but am woefully behind on painting my green tide.

Ebay: I am currently cleaning up old models and putting them into lots to sell on Ebay. Whatever I don't sell is coming to the Bazaar in August. Don't worry i will have something for the Bazaar one way or another.

Dark Elves: If I can find the time I would like to get these painted up to 1500 points for the July tournament. Mostly I need to finish up some dark elf warriors. We shall see....

Orcs and Goblins: This is my never-ending fantasy army that I have up to around 2500 points painted. Next on my list to paint is my squig herd which should be tons of fun! I probably have about another 1500 points to paint right now.

Necromunda: OK this is a very exciting project but I haven't even started and its a long way away... basically I want to paint up my Escher gang and make some mad terrain for my gaming table in the basement. What I want to do is start another Necro campaign in the fall and have it so people can play games at my place or the game store. But right now its just a bunch of ideas.
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

kabniel
Assault Marine

Post by kabniel » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:17 am

oo projects. i can't stop thinking about them.

Painting space: I need to paint our last room in the house and organize it. Then I get a painting/hobby space again. So far it has been just over a year since I've moved and slapped paint on a model. This is essential to getting any other project done.

Deathwing: Still need to name these guys as I'm not painting them as actual Deathwing. Also need to continue painting them. I have 4 units and 2 landraiders to finish painting. Once that is done, I'll expand another unit or three, add 1 redeemer/crusader and 1 aries landraider (apoc homebrew).

Chaos: In the process of stripping all of my old chaos stuff that I still have. 40 (?) bezerkers, 8 daemons, xx hounds, 3 attack bikes (i know, unusable *sigh*), 20 raptors, 2 rhinos, 2 predators, 1 dread, 10 (?) possessed, 9 termies, and 1 or 2 basic squads. The lords are pretty much done at least. Then I'm hoping to secure a hellcannon to convert into a vindicator/cannon of khorne. I also have my brass scorpion that I started in 2002. I think I finally have the last few bits I need for his tail, so just a matter of time and space to finish it and paint it. Also looking to pick up a blood slaughterer from FW some time.

Dark elves: Started collecting a few of these. Hoping to build an army sometime. Moderately distant project.

Interested in getting my hands on some other stuff. An Epic army, some Sisters of Battle, Aeronautica Imperialis, Blood Bowl, willing to look into necromunda

HurricaneGirl
Veteran

Post by HurricaneGirl » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:50 am

ooooh projects!

Right now I've been hitting my Eldar pretty consistently. I've got
ALL my Dire Avengers done, half my banshees done and have finished my 2nd Falcon. Still need to put the finishing touches on my Autarch (on bike of course) the Farseer on bike is done.
Also Finished in this update; Wave Serpent, Dark Reapers.

Still to do; another Falcon, Wraithlord, Warlock on bike. Oh and the Harlequins. Still haven't decided on a base scheme.

Still need to get a Dark Reaper Exarch, Wave Serpent for the Banshees to ride in. And a Troupe Master.

Ongoing;
Tyranids: Still need to finish up the last dozen Genestealers, base and paint 8 more gaunts, then paint the gaunts' weapons. Finish the bases on all the bugs. Paint spore mines, Biovores and Flya-gaunts.

Terrain: Finish up my "drilling rigs" terrain. Finish special piece for campaign. Tossing around idea for road sections.
River is done!

Last edited by HurricaneGirl on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

pepo150
Scout

Post by pepo150 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:59 am

terrain: Finished my painting space and my game table at my house. Working on placeable terrain pieces for the table. Finished one hill and half way through a forest placeable piece. Working on a similar design as the GW placeable trees so they detach for easy troop movement through the woods.

ongoing: Currently trying to finish the 1500 points of high elves...1 hero left, 20 spearmen (ouch!), 2 repeater bolt thrower crew, and 5 dragon princes left. Half way through the swordmasters. Everything else painted. Need to base them all.

Starting a warriors of chaos army, currently gathering paints and choosing color scheme. Thinking about buying the GW spray gun for the chaos forces.

Finally, always making more flock. It takes about 5 days for a complete turn around but its worth it because I get about a pound of flock for 4 dollars.
"Sometimes a whole lotta nothin' is a real cool hand." - Cool Hand Luke

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:38 am

hmm....projects.
For 40k.
Well currently i am working on my tau force(there i said it). I am working on getting them up to 1250 for the next 40k tourney. Also i am gonna at least round them off to 1500, and then look at what i might need to get them to 2k for just a tourney army. Since i am making them a tourney army i am also working on a display board(which i have no ideas for as of yet) and objective markers.

After that i am still constantly working on my marines force. Been stripping the paint off my old color scheme and gotta look into just how many points i got and get those stripped models reassembled and primed into units for my large marine chapter. I should have at least around 6k points worth. So this will be along time working on. Gotta throw in other projects so i don't get burned out on the color scheme. Main focus of the marines tho is to try to get 1 full battle company painted up, so i still have to get 5 more assault marines to finish out the model compliment of the battle company.

For fantasy
I am still working on getting a chaos army together for fantasy. This got a setback with a 40k kick. But i will be still working on them. Have lots to still buy to finish the army and lots to paint. Working towards a 2250 points army so i can also look into tournaments with the army.

Other than that..i am stripping my eldar so i can sell them. I haven't begun any stripping but if you know anyone who is looking for some extra eldar stuff, let me know. Not sure if i am gonna be able to make it to the bazaar but i would rather part with these on a local level than deal with ebay. Also gotta sell some other stuff too, but that might go on ebay at some point too.
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

Orkonfire
Scout

Post by Orkonfire » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:30 pm

I just inherited a tyranid army it seems like most of it need to be put together and painted.

I have also inherited a space marine army but I haven't even taken it out of the boxes yet so i am not sure how much work needs to be done to it.

Da MaCHiNE
Scout

Projects HuH???

Post by Da MaCHiNE » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:41 am

Well, I've pretty much been doing some Hard-core Nurgle work on my Daemon Army trying to get ready for an event in Tennessee in July,.. I have to finish a couple characters and then continue to work on the display board I will be using - I will post Pix when its done but until then I'm just in constant paint and model mode :roll:

Once I get through with this project I will most likely get back to my Eldar army & also some WHFB mini's that have started to collect dust,... the question is do I start getting my Beastmen done up or go to my Warriors of Chaos army - Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.
Da MaCHiNE - "HaS SPoKeN"

kabniel
Assault Marine

Post by kabniel » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:45 am

Machine: The con in July, is that The Big Waaagh that you're going to?

Da MaCHiNE
Scout

Post by Da MaCHiNE » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:38 am

Yup,... Sure is - Doing the Fantasy thang with my Demons,... I prefer 40K but,... my home boys kept harping on me to do the fantasy side of things so I said OK. You goin?
Da MaCHiNE - "HaS SPoKeN"

kabniel
Assault Marine

Post by kabniel » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:53 am

no, not going. I've been hearing about it on 40k radio though. If they continue to do it (which is sounds like they will), I'll probably go another year.

Yuri
Chapter Master

Post by Yuri » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:05 pm

Currently I am finishing up assembly on my third, that's right, THIRD Valkyrie. My hope is to start painting them as early as next week.

This bring me up to 1500 points of IG I can field now. Hurray!
"Women are like Voltron; the more you can hook up the better."
"Since when is stealing a rhinoceros considered evil?"

Nightbane
Terminator

Post by Nightbane » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:20 pm

I am currently attempting to finish painting about 4000 points of sapce marines in my templar color scheme and also working on painting the other 2/3rds of my 2500 point guard army...... I really need to stop buying stuff before I paint the older things I already have
W/L/D
Knights Templar (BT Space Marines)--17/15/3

Born to fight, trained to kill, ready to die, but never will.

pepo150
Scout

Post by pepo150 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:48 pm

Nightbane,
It is an affliction. I continue to buy (like I just bid on a high elf dragon on ebay) and haven't even finished what I hope to get ready for the tournament in July. I am also looking at warriors of chaos, and really want to work on a unit at a time if possible. I can't help myself, I am 29 and have a good job, pay my bills, watch my wife get $100 haircuts and justify to myself $30 pieces of plastic. I just need to get to my dealer (lol, CCCG)....
"Sometimes a whole lotta nothin' is a real cool hand." - Cool Hand Luke

HurricaneGirl
Veteran

Post by HurricaneGirl » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 pm

Don't be smack-talking $100 haircuts now!! It's not just a haircut either. :p

Sadly though, I have that AND a 40k habit to support.

And I'm also in the same boat. I have an entire Sisters/Guard army in a box waiting for me to finish my other projects.

Orkonfire
Scout

Post by Orkonfire » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:35 pm

I have finally unpacked everything and will be working on about 2000 points of Tyranids. As for my space Marines I only have a couple of models that need to be put together and painted.