Space Wolf Rumors

Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer 40,000, Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic Armageddon, Inquisitor and more!
HurricaneGirl
Veteran

Post by HurricaneGirl » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:10 am

Topic Hijacked!!

But I think we've proved the point...

RocketWulf
Scout

Post by RocketWulf » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:06 am

Terminator Troops is mind boggling ridiculous. In the codex, Terminator armor is very precious, a relic that they only give to their mightiest warriors. What possible justification could there be?
A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

Space Wolves don't die, they just get meaner and carry bigger guns

BattleHost of Wolf Lord Sigurd the Red;
6 wins 2 losses

NegativeK
Chapter Master

Post by NegativeK » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:31 pm

RocketWulf wrote:Terminator Troops is mind boggling ridiculous. In the codex, Terminator armor is very precious, a relic that they only give to their mightiest warriors. What possible justification could there be?
Likely justification: They're cool.

Assuming they're balanced and they come up with some good (or just not bad) fluff, that's all that matters to me. Any other reason is just icing on a firm foundation of tasty cake. ;)
Sun Tzu said: "Now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand."

Miniature Overload: http://minioverload.blogspot.com/ (Last updated 2009/9/11)

NegativeK
Chapter Master

Post by NegativeK » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:57 pm

Looks like there's a more thorough roundup than what was on BoLS: http://space-wolves-grey.blogspot.com/2 ... ation.html

And my suspicion was confirmed. The Wolf Guard are kind of like veteran sergeants in the current codex, taking up elite slots, but with access to hordes of wargear. According to that compilation, a Wolf Lord gives you access to one squad as a troops choice. Logan Grimnar, the current granddaddy of Wolf Lords, is rumored to allow Wolf Guard to be taken as troops regularly. So that means squads of power weapon wielding psychos in power armour, or ridiculously expensive terminator psychos, both taken as troop choices. Quite neat.

And for the record, Space Marines mounted on wolves makes me go "What the [redacted]?!"
Sun Tzu said: "Now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand."

Miniature Overload: http://minioverload.blogspot.com/ (Last updated 2009/9/11)

HurricaneGirl
Veteran

Post by HurricaneGirl » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:32 am

Doggie Woofwoof??

That cover is fantastic. Save for the mother of all puppy heads on that hairy marine. It makes my back hurt just looking at it.

I like that Ulric has feeder tendrils.

Dead Bjorn is an objective? makes sense and very very cool mechanic.

Hammer thrower = Ranulf?? hrmmm...

Double thumbs up to no more True Grit!!

as far as SM on wolfs; they DID say far less 'codex'. The only thing missing now is a gaggle of wenches. :)

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:17 am

i want a gaggle of wenches....Vote Yes to Beer Maidens!!!!!
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

RocketWulf
Scout

Post by RocketWulf » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:41 pm

"You will always be outnumbered"
While I appreciate the manliness of the sentiment, isn't the point of not following the Codex Astartes to have more marines, rather than less?
On that note, no one has yet explained to me the rationale for removing the Leman Russ Exterminator; it has our name on it!
A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.

6 wins 2 losses

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:45 pm

because its a tank designed for the imperial guard, aka the lesser man, not the demigod like astartes. Granted the name honours the great primarch leman russ, but the tank itself is for IG. The basic idea however is to get rid of that and grant the wolves a better tank, that only they get and is also designed for them. If you read the rumors its basically a land raider variant with 3 twin linked assault cannons. Its probably the LandRaider Rage of Russ, since that beast will unleash hell in close range. So you get a target within 24 inches, its going to be sending 12 str 6, rending shots that get to reroll misses. HELLO talk about dead horde armies lol.
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

RocketWulf
Scout

Post by RocketWulf » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:23 pm

I wonder how I could convert my tank to have that much dakka? Although I do love Lascannons

6 wins 2 losses

kabniel
Assault Marine

Post by kabniel » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:00 pm

one of my favorite conversions i did for a VDR set was a predator with AC sponsons and an inferno cannon turret. good times.

looks like it will be a fun codex.

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:39 am

Oh man the dude on the giant wolf is so pants. I ROFLCOPTERed when I saw that. The guy riding it is actually ok, but the wolf is just horrible. Look at its tail! It looks like its prancing like my little pony!

The rest of the models look pretty sweet though. The wolf guard and the power armored marines look very cool. I especially like Njall. He's back with his cyber-raven!
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2