RagnarOktober Apocalypse!

Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer 40,000, Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic Armageddon, Inquisitor and more!
HurricaneGirl
Veteran

Post by HurricaneGirl » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:21 am

I do not mind stepping aside to make room for others. I doubt I'll have all my orky goodness done by then. There will be other Orkopolypses!

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:25 am

I'll step aside. I have too much on my plate with the Mordheim city project and Space Hulk right now. I will wait till November for a game.
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

RocketWulf
Scout

Post by RocketWulf » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:09 pm

Well that leaves Necrons, Chaos, Templar, and Wolves; I can't really say how many points I'll be able to field without a longer look at that codex :D
A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

Space Wolves don't die, they just get meaner and carry bigger guns

BattleHost of Wolf Lord Sigurd the Red;
6 wins 2 losses

Frustrashun
n00b

Post by Frustrashun » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:11 pm

We could fit more people into the Apocalypse game by lowering the points coster per player army. Limit army size per player on each side to 1250 or 1500 points, so with three people per side the game would have 4500 point armies on each side. That's more than adequate for an Apocalypse game.

Just don't want people to feel boxed out. Then again, fewer players with bigger armies may make things easier to coordinate, making for a (potentially) faster game. I dunno, shrug, it's whatever. But if people want to play, I say we try to make room for them, the more the merrier. And hey, what with the new and improved, S P A C I O U S gaming room at CCCG, it shouldn't be too much of a problem squeezing everyone around an Apocalypse table.

greenlantern1
Assault Marine

Post by greenlantern1 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:48 pm

Oh How I would love to have the Crimson Fists show up to well . . .use their fists on chaos body parts. . . but alas I will be out of town that weekend. Best of luck!
"Quis custodies ipsos custodes"
Decimus Junius Juvenalis ca. 100 AD

"Though my guards may sleep and my
ships may lay at anchor. Our foes know full
well that the big guns never tire."

Huron Blackheart, The Tyrant of Badab
901.M41

Morbidangel
Chapter Master

Post by Morbidangel » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:14 pm

well with 3 tables of there to play on..if you do have say 6 players each table could be seperate apocalypse battle formations up to 3k per side per table which means you could potentiall have like say 9k points per side on 3 different tables. If you do it that way then theme up the tables such as one be filled with city ruins and its the ruined hive section of the planet, another be made up of lots and lots of hills and it can be the mountainous outcroppings on the same planet and another be filled with lots of forests and rives and be like the jungle area of the planet. Man even with those ideas you could easily start planning to have more apocaplyse battles planned out in a sort of mini campaign thru a small sector and have battles being fought out over control of planets in the sector. Could be a fun possibly year long campagin idea.

Anyways back on topic. With 3k per side it woudl allow more people to play, also allowing people who can only field 1500 points to team up on one table and people who can field a full 3k take up one side of a table too. So it would allow anywhere from 6-12 people to be able to particpate by having 1-2 people per side per table.
Lunar Drakes(marines): 2/4/0
Total Points Painted: about 1500 of 6500

Tau, Elsy'eir sept: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 350 of 1500

Clan Sarz-Skaven: 0/0/0
Total Points Painted: 0 of 3k
Image Image

RocketWulf
Scout

Post by RocketWulf » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:26 pm

I do love themed tables; any suggestions for Ragnaroktober are welcome
A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

Space Wolves don't die, they just get meaner and carry bigger guns

BattleHost of Wolf Lord Sigurd the Red;
6 wins 2 losses

Dannel
Assault Marine

Post by Dannel » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:44 pm

I'll bring 1500-1800pts of Marines........
"I know no fear."