Charity Event Proposals and Discussion

S0meguy
n00b

Charity Event Proposals and Discussion

Post by S0meguy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:18 pm

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of prospective charity events. Please post your ideas and comments here.

JeremyS
Scout

Post by JeremyS » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:50 pm

I believe the current standing idea is such: a Guitar Hero III tournament, with proceeds going to St. Jude Children's Hospital.

This is a good idea in my opinion. If we can somehow get GameStop on board to host the event (after all, more people in their store can't be a bad thing), that would be optimal as we'd draw a larger crowd (and have everything needed to run the bloody thing on hand).

Other ideas are still welcome.

Nightbane
Terminator

Post by Nightbane » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:21 am

I do like the Guitar Hero idea, the only thing will be getting everything we need for it. I have a 360 and 1 controller I could bring. but the more people we have the more we would need not to mention the fact of how many people we woud need to wath and judge everything.
W/L/D
Knights Templar (BT Space Marines)--17/15/3

Born to fight, trained to kill, ready to die, but never will.

S0meguy
n00b

Post by S0meguy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:44 pm

It might be the best way is to hold the tournament outside in the Tate plaza. We could have people soliciting donations for play time, and people could leave their high score and e-mail so we could contact the winner.

Fliers leading up to the event and traffic around would be our main draws.

The downside here is a need to rent some serious gear from the University, including some big TVs and a major sound system.

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:15 am

How about Rock band?? They have a much larger library of music, and with 4 simultaneous users (guitar, bass, drummer, singer) i think it would be a blast!
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

JeremyS
Scout

Post by JeremyS » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:22 am

One of the reasons I suggest GameStop is that we wouldn't need a ton of equipment. They've got all that stuff as they run these kinds of tournaments themselves. Even if we opt to do it elsewhere (or if they wouldn't agree to this for whatever reason), advertising there would be guaranteed to reach a gamer crowd.

S0meguy
n00b

Post by S0meguy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:04 pm

JeremyS wrote:One of the reasons I suggest GameStop is that we wouldn't need a ton of equipment. They've got all that stuff as they run these kinds of tournaments themselves. Even if we opt to do it elsewhere (or if they wouldn't agree to this for whatever reason), advertising there would be guaranteed to reach a gamer crowd.
That's a really good point. I totally had not thought of that.