Two Hour maximum on Room Rentals

S0meguy
n00b

Two Hour maximum on Room Rentals

Post by S0meguy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:41 pm

I know, it is the end of the world as we know it. We've been going along happy for the last five years, but for some reason the EMO (that's their acronym, go figure) is cracking down. The policy limits us to two instances of two hours holding a room.

I'm working on it, but for now do what you're asked by staff at the Tate. If you find yourself in a room and no one has said anything, fine. Hang out. If asked to leave, please do so promptly.

Current suggestions are renting the same room twice consecutively one day a week, but obviously we have a Thursday group and two Friday groups, so this is a patch job at best. I'll be talking to people at Tate, and I am investigating other options including the SLC. Please feel free to make any suggestions that spring to mind.

NegativeK
Chapter Master

Post by NegativeK » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:48 pm

Ugh, good luck. The administratum of the Tate Center had a really nasty reputation the last year or two I was in the Gamers' Association.

The solution at the time was to rent the little convention hall in Tate or the ballroom in Memorial Hall every Thursday and Friday, but I have no clue where the money for that came from.
Sun Tzu said: "Now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand."

Miniature Overload: http://minioverload.blogspot.com/ (Last updated 2009/9/11)

S0meguy
n00b

Post by S0meguy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:14 pm

In addition, let's try to be out of the building by midnight. The night shift is doing us a favor by letting us hang around, so let's not take advantage of their good will.

Ideally we'd be such an amiable lot that they'd be sore over asking us to leave at nine.

Yuri
Chapter Master

Post by Yuri » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:32 pm

We rented out the Memorial Hall with money we had saved up with dues. That is likely you best course of action as the Tate Center is really stupid about room rentals.

I don't know how much money you guys have saved up now and how much you charge for dues, but if you can't work anything out with the admin, try to go for the big rooms.
"Women are like Voltron; the more you can hook up the better."
"Since when is stealing a rhinoceros considered evil?"

S0meguy
n00b

Post by S0meguy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:13 pm

Actually the folks over there have been pretty cool about it. We've been able to game 'till midnight for the past couple of days.

But someone complained and we're on a two strike system. I want everyone to be aware of the situation so we can mitigate any contentious exchanges.

JeremyS
Scout

Post by JeremyS » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:28 pm

And apparently somebody somewhere assigned us a strike, because this past Thursday, we were ejected at 9 PM.

I propose that we pare our assignments down to one night, so that we can actually have a game night that lasts a reasonable period of time. Friday night would be fine; my Marvel game can find other places to meet.

TJ
Chapter Master

Post by TJ » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:32 am

i dunno how big your games are, but we used to play dnd in the slc 2x a week for 6+ hours and we've never had any problems. you just have to walk around looking for a study room. if you are 6 or less people, i'd highly suggest that.
Khorne 14/0/0 (retired?)-----Nurgle 1/0/0
black legion 0/0/0

gobos 6/4/0 ------------- dwarves 2/1/0
wood elves 8/5/1-------- vamps 1/0/0

ImageImage

JeremyS
Scout

Post by JeremyS » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:38 pm

TJ wrote:i dunno how big your games are, but we used to play dnd in the slc 2x a week for 6+ hours and we've never had any problems. you just have to walk around looking for a study room. if you are 6 or less people, i'd highly suggest that.
I have eight regular players. I have no idea how a game with that many regulars is even working, but it is. :-)

TJ
Chapter Master

Post by TJ » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:37 pm

you could still fit 8, the table is big, and there are also bigger rooms near the ends of the halls. we played with 6, but one of them was the loudest person i know, so 8 ppl shouldnt be that loud and i suggest you guys try it. the only problem is its tuff around finals time
Khorne 14/0/0 (retired?)-----Nurgle 1/0/0
black legion 0/0/0

gobos 6/4/0 ------------- dwarves 2/1/0
wood elves 8/5/1-------- vamps 1/0/0

ImageImage

S0meguy
n00b

Post by S0meguy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:12 pm

Honestly, that's my plan right now.

I'm going to see if I can talk EMO into letting us use our two rentals consecutively on Friday for "the other group."

The rest of us will game about campus, be that in the Tate center student activities room, upstairs, or the SLC.

It doesn't look like there's a practical way to reserve space in the SLC; it's kinda' a first come first serve situation.