Topics to be Discussed on Friday the 22nd

S0meguy
n00b

Topics to be Discussed on Friday the 22nd

Post by S0meguy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:18 pm

We'll be holding our first organizational meeting of the semester on Friday the 22nd (that this coming Friday). The following items are on the docket as of now. Please post anything you'd like to see added.

Dues
Pay 'em

Rooms
Tate 2
Reservations

Gaming Library
Where is it?
Get it organized
Where do we put it

Charity Events
Call for proposals
Discussion

Alternate Realites
Yes/No
Ways to improve given yes
Alternate options given no

Web Presence
AthensGamersUnite.com
Cut down superfluous and misleading websites

Recruiting
AthensGamersUnite.com
T-Shirts
Charity Event
Fliers

After the meeting, I [or maybe the secretary ;-)] will post an update on decisions made.

Steve
Primarch

Post by Steve » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:21 pm

We here at Athens gamers unite will do anything we can to provide your organization with whatever needs you may have from us.

S0meguy
n00b

Post by S0meguy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:39 pm

Thanks, Steve. I appreciate that.

CCCG
Terminator

Post by CCCG » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:55 pm

Yeah, and Classic City Comics & Games would be happy to work with you guys on anything that I can. Just let me know.

Jon
Classic City Comics & Games
1063 - B Baxter St
Athens Ga 30606
706-583-9009

JeremyS
Scout

Post by JeremyS » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:30 am

And we here at the Gamer's Association will also do what we can to help the Gamer's Association! ;-)

Thanks, guys. :)

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:05 am

Let us know if you do Alternative Realities this year. We ran a demo table for Warhammer at AR two years ago. We introduced some people to the hobby and it was a blast!
Eldar 15-3-0
Space Orks 8-3-2
Orcs 5-3-1
Dark Elves 4-2

Knight of Roses
Veteran

Post by Knight of Roses » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:16 pm

Tyche's Games, as usual, will help as we can as well.

Have you considered contacting the R&B or Flagpole to see if they might be willing to run an article or profile of the UGA Gamers' Association?
Come and visit me at Tyche's Games.

Explore the Sea of Stars. Here abide dragons.

S0meguy
n00b

Post by S0meguy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:06 pm

Abaddon wrote:Let us know if you do Alternative Realities this year. We ran a demo table for Warhammer at AR two years ago. We introduced some people to the hobby and it was a blast!
I'll for sure keep that in mind.

Cripple X
Chapter Master

Post by Cripple X » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:21 pm

Abaddon wrote:Let us know if you do Alternative Realities this year. We ran a demo table for Warhammer at AR two years ago. We introduced some people to the hobby and it was a blast!
They recruited me!

S0meguy
n00b

Re: Topics to be Discussed on Friday the 22nd

Post by S0meguy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:55 pm

Dues
A lot of folks stepped up and contributed, so thanks. Remember this is going towards our fund raiser, so failure to pay is the equivalent of stealing from and killing children.

...but no pressure.

Rooms
The SLC seems like a good option for the renovation period when Tate will be closed. I'm looking into reservations over there. We can also take the place by force. It is a public building with lots of table space.

It's also the case we can only normally reserve two rooms during a week, and only for two hours a piece. It might be we will end up reserving a room on Thursday and another on Friday. The Tate guys have been cool about us hangin' around so it doesn't seem to be too contentious an issue. Let's keep up our effort to be amiable and accommodating towards the staff, aye?

Gaming Library
So James still has this thing. We need to get it from him. I'm not encouraging physical violence, but if hypothetically a ninja were to break into his living space and remove it and possibly him, I would be able to concoct an alibi for said ninja.

We'll probably be able to store the library in a public space after the renovations to Tate, which would be cool.

Charity Events
It might be the case that we can run this thing at Gamestop or EB games. That'd be cool.

In any case we need to get the ball rolling on this. It's sorta' a "this semester" kinda' activity. A member of our group is contacting some local stores about space for the event, which is now solidified as a guitar hero tournament.

Alternate Realites
We pretty unanimously voted yes for alternate realities, but pushed it back to next semester. We are forming a committee to handle this. If you want to volunteer, please PM me. I'll get around to posting a thread about it.

Web Presence
Discussed briefly. Generally regarded as a non-issue thanks largely to Steve and AGU.

Recruiting
T-shirts are a popular idea again. Perhaps with some better follow through this time we can see some results. This shouldn't be too expensive, and I hope to strangle the funds for it out of our existing account balance without crippling our charity event. The latter is of greater importance and will be given priority, however.

It is also pretty universally agreed we need to get in on the activities fair, so everyone think about having to spend an hour or so sitting at a table shouting at geeky-type folks to come join our club, ok? Having done it twice now, I gotta' say it's not that bad. Also, last semester we were totally next to the gymnastics table second semester and I'm not saying I walked away with a phone number, but... yea. So like I said, plan on thinking about planning to devote an hour to that.