Meeting Friday!

S0meguy
n00b

Meeting Friday!

Post by S0meguy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:16 am

There will be a meeting Friday. Hopefully this meeting will be in TATE, as they had the downstairs up and running this weekend.

More info to follow.

Gden
n00b

Post by Gden » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:52 pm

What time will the meeting start/end I'll try to drop by after work but won't be there til around 9 or so
I like Cereal

Yunuswesley
n00b

Post by Yunuswesley » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:17 pm

Aye, what's the scoop? When & where, man, when & where?

Yunuswesley
n00b

Post by Yunuswesley » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:26 am

PULP ACTION HORROR!
With uncanny powers!

Assuming I find out when & where the meeting is, I'm planning on making a 5 minute presentation about my campaign.

Beginning 1921, characters will go through a short "origins" story as talented college-age people. We'll then flash forward a few years and ramp up the power level on the characters before we go after the psychic femmes fatales, creepy alien cultists, and shadow knights gone bad lurking around Paris, London, Samarkand, and beyond.

The system will be GURPS. If you've never played, don't stress; it's a very simple game with a whole slew of options any GM will narrow down for his own setting.

I'll stay around to talk about it more with interested parties and answer questions.

Freebies!

4 printed copies of the GURPS Lite intro rule set, plus a few of the goodies from the main rulebooks.

4 sets of the player aid Combat Cards, describing maneuvers and tactical possibilities in GURPS.

(Both of these are free for download at the sjgames.com site)

S0meguy
n00b

Post by S0meguy » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:00 pm

The meeting is at the usual time (i.e. 7:00 pm). We will meet in the SLC on the second floor outside Jittery Joe's.

Emails have and will be sent to as many people as possible.

I will post a synopsis of the meeting here for anyone who was unable to attend, and anyone who has anything they'd like to bring up should feel free to do so here in this forum and/or on this thread.