Gaming Library Recovered

S0meguy
n00b

Gaming Library Recovered

Post by S0meguy » Sun May 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Howdy everyone.

Kevin Kennedy retrieved the UGA Gamers' Association Gaming Library from our former president. An effort is being undertaken to catalog the games and material, restore and replace damaged and missing pieces, and possibly to set up some sort of rental system.

To this end, we will be holding elections for the position of Librarian starting now and closing in two weeks time. You can vote by e-mailing me at "s0meguy@uga.edu" with the subject line "UGA GA Librarian."

Responsibilities will include maintaining a list of the games/material and a record of who has what. This position will also necessitate, at least temporarily, some method of transporting and storing what is a fairly large collection of new and vintage board games.

It will be necessary to set up some system to discourage abuse of our board games. To do that, I'd like to implement a system of small fines for damage or late return. This will be discussed and put to a vote at our first meeting at the beginning of the school year. Please post or e-mail me any thoughts you have on this subject.

This project represents an impressive and meaningful step towards an open gaming night, as it gives us access to a large collection of more simple, more mainstream games.

I will post a complete list of the library's content soon.

JeremyS
Scout

Post by JeremyS » Mon May 19, 2008 12:10 am

Aha! This explains why James was too sick to play last week! Your ninja poisoned him!

I hope the poison was only painful and debilitating instead of fatal, because after June, he's my only player that'll be in town until fall semester. :-)