Why does Groot have caps shield.

Talk about new Board Games, Comics, Novels, Books, TV, movie, and video releases here.
Steve
Primarch

Why does Groot have caps shield.

Post by Steve » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:51 am

I'm not sure if any of you are reading Annihilation: conquest but it looks like there going to be a monthly mag spin off of it called the guardians of the galaxy, Now I understand this probably won't catch the attention of most main stream CCCG Marvel readers but I was browsing IGN and found the cover of GotG #2 and was like hmmm.

http://media.comics.ign.com/media/142/1 ... 30185.html

Why is Groot holding Caps shield? Could this mean they will play some role in the upcoming Secret Invasion story line? Things that make you go Hmm :-)

CCCG
Terminator

Post by CCCG » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:23 pm

The shield is covered in ice. My total guess of a theory is that they go back in time and get the shield from the still frozen Captain America, use it for something, and then put it back where it was so that they don't screw with the time stream.
Classic City Comics & Games
1063 - B Baxter St
Athens Ga 30606
706-583-9009

Schlock
Veteran

Post by Schlock » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:41 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy isn't a new thing in the Marvel Universe... I collected them when I was twelve.

If it's similar, it's in the future.... Cap's shield is vibranium, it's not decaying anytime soon. Maybe they pick up the relic and use it for something.

Steve
Primarch

Post by Steve » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:58 pm

No the new GotG takes place in the present MU. Its is a direct off shoot of the recent Annihilation: conquest Mini-series, It will have Starlord, Adam Warlock, Drax, Gamora, the new Quasar, and a few others as members. It looks like it could be pretty good.