IRON MAN SEQUEL, AVENGERS FILMS ANNOUNCED

Talk about new Board Games, Comics, Novels, Books, TV, movie, and video releases here.
Steve
Primarch

IRON MAN SEQUEL, AVENGERS FILMS ANNOUNCED

Post by Steve » Mon May 05, 2008 4:08 pm

Following a huge box-office performance of Iron Man over the weekend, Marvel Entertainment on Monday announced a series of Avengers films, beginning with an Iron Man sequel.

Iron Man 2 is scheduled for an April 30, 2010 release. During its first quarter conference call on Monday morning, Marvel Studios' David Maisel said that the date will continue Marvel's tradition of kicking off the summer movie season. "We view that as an optimum time," Maisel said.

Thor is scheduled for a June 4, 2010 release and The First Avenger: Captain America for May 6, 2011, with The Avengers for July 2011.

Maisel did not list personnel for an Iron Man sequel, but stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Terrence Howard are all signed for three films, and director Jon Favreau has expressed interest in returning.

"It would be premature to discuss any kind of detail at this point in time," Maisel said. "We're going to roll up our sleeves and get to work."

Maisel said Iron Man 2 will be used to introduce Thor. He also noted The First Avenger: Captain America is a working title.

Ant-Man remains on Marvel's development slate, with no scheduled release date.

Maisel said one week of post-production remains on The Incredible Hulk, which is scheduled for June 13.

"We're extremely happy with the results," he said of Hulk, noting that the television marketing for the film will begin on May 19 and that Universal is reporting that the Hulk trailer is the most viewed in the studio's history.

Asked about chances of expanding Hulk into a franchise, Maisel said Marvel won't reveal any plans until after the release of The Incredible Hulk. "We definitely plan on continuing," Maisel said.

Marvel's outsourced movies schedule remained unchanged Punisher: War Zone from Lionsgate on Dec. 5 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine from 20th Century Fox on May 1, 2009.

Maisel said development of Spider-Man 4 continues with Sony Pictures. "I can't give any other updates other than to say it's in development and everybody's excited about Spider-Man 4," he said.

Marvel also announced animation plans.

The new Iron Man series -- which, like Wolverine and the X-Men, will debut in spring 2009 on Nicktoons -- has been titled Iron Man: Armored Adventures.

New series announced include Hulk Gamma Corps and Super Hero Squad.

Direct-to-DVD movies will include Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow for late 2008, Hulk Vs. for early 2009, Thor: Son of Asgard for late 2009 and Planet Hulk for early 2010.
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... /index.htm

All I can say is.... SWEET! :D

Cripple X
Chapter Master

Post by Cripple X » Mon May 05, 2008 5:22 pm

Has anybody seen the movie yet? I'm still debating whether its worth the money to go see.
Last edited by Cripple X on Mon May 05, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CCCG
Terminator

Post by CCCG » Mon May 05, 2008 5:34 pm

It's friggin' Awesome!! Nuff' said!
Classic City Comics & Games
1063 - B Baxter St
Athens Ga 30606
706-583-9009

Yuri
Chapter Master

Post by Yuri » Tue May 06, 2008 5:25 pm

CCCG wrote:It's friggin' Awesome!! Nuff' said!
Word. Stay after the credits.
"Women are like Voltron; the more you can hook up the better."
"Since when is stealing a rhinoceros considered evil?"

Cripple X
Chapter Master

Post by Cripple X » Tue May 06, 2008 5:26 pm

I'm going to see it tonight.

Cripple X
Chapter Master

Post by Cripple X » Tue May 06, 2008 9:43 pm

Oh, Man. That Movie was sheer awesomeness with a dash of "fuck yea!" sprinkled on top! I was thoroughly impressed with it. Worth the price of admission twice over. The after the credits scene made me so happy.