Silent Hill

Talk about new Board Games, Comics, Novels, Books, TV, movie, and video releases here.
Steve
Primarch

Silent Hill

Post by Steve » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:47 am

I was a big fan of the first game, and I for the most part enjoyed the movie. The scene where the monster rips the girls skin off was a little over the top, but all in all I gave it a B+.

Yuri
Chapter Master

Post by Yuri » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:29 pm

I enjoyed the movie a lot. I have played through 2 and 4 and watched 3 to the end. Great games all. I thought the movie captured the mood of the games very well, and the music was great as well.
"Women are like Voltron; the more you can hook up the better."
"Since when is stealing a rhinoceros considered evil?"

NegativeK
Chapter Master

Post by NegativeK » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:34 pm

I liked the movie a lot, except for the excessive and ridiculous gore at the end. Barbed wire whipping around and people screaming just became silly.

Even better is a breakbeat song that samples from it.. "I.. Have many names. I.. Have many names."
Sun Tzu said: "Now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand."

Miniature Overload: http://minioverload.blogspot.com/ (Last updated 2009/9/11)

TJ
Chapter Master

Post by TJ » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:16 pm

i still have yet to see this, and this thread motivated me to actually pay the $1.50 to go rent it

Abaddon
Site Admin

Post by Abaddon » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:53 am

I agree. Most of the movie was unnecessarily gory. It wasn't the gore that made the games scary, but the ambiance...

Yuri
Chapter Master

Post by Yuri » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:11 pm

A lot of the gore, which wasn't much if you think about it, was for shock value. And it worked on me. They were pretty crazy. The ambiance is definately what scared the shit out of me when playing them. Especially when I was playing the second game and I had to go back home, around 1 am, and it was foggy as hell.
"Women are like Voltron; the more you can hook up the better."
"Since when is stealing a rhinoceros considered evil?"

TJ
Chapter Master

Post by TJ » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:48 am

hmmm... saw 1-3, hostel, tourista, decent, ect.... Extreme gore is the new fad. Its cheap and people love it. It make people squirm.