me, basicly

The classic pen and paper RPG
tryeal
n00b

me, basicly

Post by tryeal » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:52 am

well i posted in the misc pnp forum so i figured id put something in here as well as it seems more popular. im new in town and looking for the pnp scene, if anyone knows a group looking for more or could point me to a place/person that would let me know :) any help is much apreciated, thanks

about me- eli miller, 24, just moved here to athens for a couple of years at least while my girlfriend does grad school. currently mostly unemployed as im working on getting my LMT set up in GA so i can work here. thinking about working with the sports teams on campus doing sports massage. (or if anyone knows someone looking for a good deep tissue myo-fascial massage therapist holler at me! )

anyway as far as gameing goes, i have built, maintained, and played my pc as long as i can remeber. but ill play any sort of video game really. (big nintendo fanboy)

as far as pnp goes, i fell in love with pnp my freshman year of college in 2001. i had always liked rpgs in video games and i sort of went in reverse to discover pnp. i think it must be the most creative way to game. (if someone knows something better ive yet to hear of it)

i have gm'ed a few games but my games are useualy to far off the beaten path to hold together long. i like to make up a complete rule set and world just for one game. i also like rule sets that are extremely customizable, letting the player make his on class basically. i have even done some freestyle rping without any rules, it makes for a pretty abstract game but fun if you have good rp'ers. when im playing as a pc i also value a gm that will let story and rp take priority over the rules. but i can have fun with a rules lawyer as well, its just a different sort of game i guess.

my favorite world must be the WOD vampire setting but i just have a soft sport for vampires, i have really played stuff from all over the spectrum and enjoyed it from super hero games and stuff like exalted, to like survival games (my personal favorite) with grim and gritty hit points etc. im also a sucker for post-apocalyptic settings.

thats my spiel i guess, holler if you'll take me :)

kbm99
Scout

Post by kbm99 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:00 am

First off, welcome to Athens!

I imagine you've already seen it, but you might take a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=748

for a game starting up, unless you're just not interested in D&D.

In addition, I'd suggest you check out both of the game stores in town, Tyche's on Lumpkin St (In the Lyons building) and Classic City Comics on Baxter (next to the Eckard's drug store.) Tyche's carries a broad RPG assortment and a lot of card games, whereas the focus at CCC is more on miniature games and D&D (and comic books, obviously.)

tryeal
n00b

Post by tryeal » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:41 am

got it, are there posting boards there for groups? or are you just saying to ask around there?

Steve
Primarch

Post by Steve » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:15 pm

Our group is full at the moment, but if we have an opening I'll be sure to let you know. We play on Wednesday nights at 6PM at CCCG if you even want to stop by just to say high. :-)

tryeal
n00b

Post by tryeal » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:04 pm

sure i was gona stop by there at some point anyway, ill plan on wed. maybe someone in your group will know of another, it seems like thats the place to be anyway :) thanks for the help, eli

tryeal
n00b

Post by tryeal » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:25 pm

thought i should add for any prospective dms out there- i have never missed a game, allways show up early and i love to cook, so i often bring some sort of food :) yeah yeah im a desperate dork, what can i say?