Classic City Comics & Games
December?s HeroClix Tournament Schedule
300 Point Open HeroClix Tournament
12/07/2006 7:00:00 PM
Anything goes in this Unrestricted event. Come out and play for a chance at a Kraven the Spider Limited Edition Figure. Maps from the Marvel Danger Room Set will be used. The fellowship award will go to the player who fields the most comic accurate theme team.
X-Mas with the X-Men
12/14/2006 7:00:00 PM
Welcome one and all to the third annual X-Mas with the X-Men tournament. All players wishing to participate in this event must construct a three hundred point Hero Clix team. This should be an effective and competitive team. Feat cards and battlefield conditions will allowed. Likewise, retired figures will be allowed. Once you have finished constructing the team, gift wrap it. Colorful and seasonally themed paper works best.
At the event, players will draw lots. Players will give the team they have constructed to the person whose name they have drawn. Traditionally, while exchanging gifts players will say to one another, "Merry X-Mas!"
Players have presented custom or hard to find figures to their fellow players in past X-Mas with the X-Men events. While this is certainly delightful, it is not required. The objective here is for everyone to have a great time.
Maps from the Marvel Danger Room starter set will be used for this event.
The fellowship award, a Celestial Madonna Limited Edition Figure, will be awarded to the player who presents the best gift to another player.
The following house rules apply to all sanctioned HeroClix events hosted by Classic City Comics & Games unless specified otherwise in the event description. The following house rules are in accordance with section 1.8 and 1.8.1 of the HeroClix Comprehensive Tournament Rules.
1. Required Materials: Promotional Figures ? Promotional figures may be used in any tournament unless specifically stated otherwise in the event description. This house rule overrides section 1.5 of the HeroClix Comprehensive Tournament rules. A detailed definition of a Tournament Legal Figure is provided in section 5.9 of the WizKids Approved Play Comprehensive Rules.
2. Retired Figures ? Retired figures may be used in any tournament unless specifically stated otherwise in the event description. This house rule overrides section 1.7 of the HeroClix Comprehensive Tournament rules.
3. Timekeeping 1: Hidden Timer ? The timer that measures how much time remains in a given round will be concealed in order to prevent actions based on time remaining in the round. Each round will last between forty-five and fifty-five minutes. This house rule overrides section 1.9 of the HeroClix Comprehensive Tournament rules.
4. Timekeeping 2: Equal Turns ?Both players will be allowed an equal number of turns. When the timer sounds, the player currently acting will complete his or her turn. If this player is the one who went first for this round, then his or her opponent will then be allowed to complete his or her final turn. Otherwise, the game is concluded. This house rule overrides section 1.9 of the HeroClix Comprehensive Tournament rules.
5. Battlefield Condition Cards: Placeholder Cards ? This house rule goes into effect on September 1, 2006. Each player may bring a number of Battlefield Condition cards equal to the number of rounds in the tournament. A placeholder or ?dummy? card is not required. This house rule overrides section 2.2 of the HeroClix Comprehensive Tournament rules.
For all miniature games that do not fit into other categories.
1 post • Page 1 of 1